I Feel Kinda Lonely Watch

Yusuf.T
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Ok wells here the deal

im on an un planned gap year at the moment.. it wa un planned b/c i went to uni..but hated where i went and what i was studying ( my ucas app got funked up on the day of results so my 1st choice uni gave me a course i didnt want and never offered me anything else) so i was left to go inot clearing and etcc etcc

but yeah i "withdrew" of uni around october time.. ive gone from job to job earning money here and there..but i really feel lonely.
I went from being head boy of my 6th form, having great mates, going clubbing all the time etcc.. to now staying at home most nights, all my friends have gone to uni and have made a choice not to keep in touch. I know this b/c i have seen many of them out and about, i've questioned them why they havent kept in touch and they have given me the most lame excuses ever e,g "OMG My reception is always so bad in my halls".. i've sent hello messages on facebook and got nothing back.
this sucks even more as all the people i chilled with back in college were my BEST friends, i spent all my time with them etcc.. and for them to just totally forget me sucks. big time.
I hardly use my phone these days as no one calls/ texts me.. just the family mainly.
It just sucks because i've never felt this way before, ive never felt alone.. i have my family and stuffs but like ive never not had friends.. i've always had atleast ONE person i could chill with.. but now i have no one.. at all.

It just sucks
immortal_technique
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
u emo?
Fairy.Dust.Forever
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Its hard when everyones at uni. I'm pretty lucky, the people I work with are really nice and a couple are my age. Also I busy myself with video games alot these days. I got a Wii the other day just to stop the boredom. It worked. Buy a Wii and become a professional Wii golfer.

Alternatively, accept that it's different when people are at uni and people won't always have time for you. Soo.... what do you do about it? Get out there. Go out with some work mates and make some new friends.

Also, theres light at the end of the tunnel. Fact is, you'll probably be the one 'ignoring' facebook messages this time next year. Don't worry - it's not forever.

It does suck though
Yusuf.T
Rep:
?
(Original post by immortal_technique)
u emo?
lol that made me smile.. no im not emo.
Yusuf.T
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fairy.Dust.Forever)
Its hard when everyones at uni. I'm pretty lucky, the people I work with are really nice and a couple are my age. Also I busy myself with video games alot these days. I got a Wii the other day just to stop the boredom. It worked. Buy a Wii and become a professional Wii golfer.

Alternatively, accept that it's different when people are at uni and people won't always have time for you. Soo.... what do you do about it? Get out there. Go out with some work mates and make some new friends.

Also, theres light at the end of the tunnel. Fact is, you'll probably be the one 'ignoring' facebook messages this time next year. Don't worry - it's not forever.

It does suck though
Thanks for that, twas very nice of u yo. All my work mates are older then me.. like super older then me.. so i kinda dont wanna imagine going out at night with them lol. I seem to keep myself busy by posting on forum sites etc.. its not good for eyes but it kills time. I feel like im slowly getting used to the whole thing that they are all off to uni and they have "new lives" now etc.
Im going to uni in 2009 yo, im doing an ict apprenticeship in sept so hopefully i'll make some mates from that.
FizzBitch
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Your friends are probably just caught up in uni life, and will have made a lot of new friends. It does suck though.

You sound like a sociable and confident person, so why not go out and make new friends yourself?
BibbleJW
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Depending on what you do as a day job, it might be worth getting an evening job, in a quiet bar or something, if you are a social person, I'm sure you will quickly find people to talk to.

Otherwise, I can't really think of much (never been an insanely social person, but it has been almost forced on me thorugh the years).
Yusuf.T
Rep:
?
(Original post by Fizz*****)
Your friends are probably just caught up in uni life, and will have made a lot of new friends. It does suck though.

You sound like a sociable and confident person, so why not go out and make new friends yourself?
Thanks, i dont have the avenues to go and make new friends so easily.. you see with feeling lonely and shizz i have been told and i can see that my confidence has taken a knock
All my work buddies are in their 40s+ and there just isnt anyone my age, or around my age there.

The thing thats mostly getting me down is that its gonna be summer soon (yay) but like i have NO ONE to chill with in summer.. and summer is when i go really crazy (parties etc).. i think i'll just work throughout summer to spare me the feleing of having a lot of free time.
immortal_technique
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Yusuf2007)
lol that made me smile.. no im not emo.
Seriously though, you live in Birmingham.. I can't see what's stopping you from making new friends. As long as you are fun, lively and interesting.. not a lot can go wrong. Go up to a bunch of people in a club, open up a conversation get their opinion on something.. make yourself center of the group, crack a few jokes, playful insults/whatever and your IN! new friends.

Don't spend your free time on the Internet or whatever, you need to make your lifestyle interesting so then you can make new friends and have something to talk about in conversation or whatever. Go get a gym membership and immerse yourself in that or train for marathons/cycling events. Make it your aim to talk to FIVE new people every day.. at first you can start by asking for the time or something, in order to build confidence. There's loads you can do.

If you want something from life, you need to make an effort. Life is what you make it.
Ferret_messiah
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think the atrocious salmon coloured cardigan is the root of all your troubles.
Yusuf.T
Rep:
?
(Original post by immortal_technique)
Seriously though, you live in Birmingham.. I can't see what's stopping you from making new friends. As long as you are fun, lively and interesting.. not a lot can go wrong. Go up to a bunch of people in a club, open up a conversation get their opinion on something.. make yourself center of the group, crack a few jokes, playful insults/whatever and your IN! new friends.

Don't spend your free time on the Internet or whatever, you need to make your lifestyle interesting so then you can make new friends and have something to talk about in conversation or whatever. Go get a gym membership and immerse yourself in that or train for marathons/cycling events. Make it your aim to talk to FIVE new people every day.. at first you can start by asking for the time or something, in order to build confidence. There's loads you can do.

If you want something from life, you need to make an effort. Life is what you make it.
Dude, birmingham is not all that.. and i live here. I prefer london, i have/had many mates there but they are all over the countr now in uni etcc. I've immersed myself in excercise b/c i know if i keep feleing this sucky then its gonna lead to comfort eating, and i dont wanna add any weight on!
i know life is what you make it, and i have made random efforts to make new friends and nothing just seems to be hitting the spot
Yusuf.T
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ferret_messiah)
I think the atrocious salmon coloured cardigan is the root of all your troubles.
Twas pink and it IS a vest.. God that picture was taken back in 2006. I still have the vest though. :cool:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (33)
27.73%
No (86)
72.27%

Watched Threads