Turn on thread page Beta

i broke up my girlfriend of one year when we went to university, since.. well, she's not the most devoted of people, and i also felt it was time i got to enjoy being single as well.

first term was good, but over christmas we both realised we missed each other, and got back together. half way through this term she came to visit me, and it came out that she essentially had another boyfriend at her university, and had been lying to us both about the other. she'd cheated on me before last year, and this really was the final straw, and i vowed that this was truly the end of her and me.

however, she's been talking to me on msn all the time, telling me she misses me, loves me, telling me all about her 'new' boyfriend in gory detail, often portraying him in a negative light. i really don't want to hear, but i enjoy talking to her about other stuff, and she's a lot better friend than anyone i have here at university. today she told me she had had sex with her boyfriend, and i just didn't know what to say, so didn't reply, and have made no more effort to contact her. i've just a text from her, saying "a kitkat she wanted, four fingers she got xx". lovely. absolutely lovely.

so.. yeah. why is she trying to keep in contact with me so much, and why does she insist on talking about her new sex life with me!!!? part of me knows i should just try and block her out of my life completely, but term ends soon and we'll be back in the same town together, plus she knows me better than anyone else and, if i put everything out of my head, i still enjoy spending time with her.

ReputationRep:
    She's trying to make you jealous under the guise of blokey 'share all intimate details' best mate way. Just say 'good for you'. It doesn't mean your jealous it just means you don't care. She wants a reaction just leave her to her mindgames... silly bint.

ReputationRep:
    Shes probably just trying to tease you, irritate you and generally make you jealous. As you have obviously had quite alot of sexual contact before, she thinks its okay for her to talk to you about things like this.

If shes cheated on you, and generally mucks you about then I think it would be a good idea for you to just cut her out completely. You need to ask yourself if you really want to spend time with someone like that, regardless of personality.

I'm sure you're better off without her and there must be lots of girls out there you could be having much more fun with.

ReputationRep:
    sounds like someones trying to make you jealous. cant say for sure but probably still misses you and is saying such stuff to make you realise how much you suddenly want her if you are enraged with jealousy and will rescue her from the "negative guy"

ReputationRep:
    She's just being a cow trying to rub it in your face mate.

ReputationRep:
    She's playing games with you and sounds pretty immature. If you really want her in your life tell her you'd rather not talk about these subjects, and if she doesn't respect that you are better off without her.

ReputationRep:
    *****es, man. *****es

ReputationRep:
    Block her and never speak to her again. What a waste of space, you don't need people in your life like that.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry about the whys and wherefores of her behaviour. If she exerts a negative influence in your life (which seems to be the case) then disregard her and ignore her.

ReputationRep:
    I would imagine she's trying to make you jealous. I'd block her and avoid her if I were you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2008
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.