Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    So I messed up in Module 1 but will be retaking in January - doing Module 2 and 3 in June.
    How do you think I should do past papers, do questions on the topics when I finish revising them one by one? Or finish the syllabus and then do past papers?

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

The problem I always found at A Level was that there wasn't enough past papers to keep doing one say one a week until the exams ... I used to make mind maps (spider diagrams) and notes on the key topics, and in the last few weeks before the exams keep going over these and then do the past papers ... Don't let the past papers trick you into a false sense of achievment absolutely anything can come up! Also, the sooner you start the better as I presume you will have at least 5 exams (3 bio plus 1 in the other 2 subjects)

Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    not sure wot course you doing, but this site is worth a look

www.thepaperbank.co.uk

however im doing AQA A and i couldnt find anything for that on there.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I am going to start tomorrow with hardcore revision.
    Will be doing 5 exams in January...2 Bio, 2 Chem and 1 ICT.

ReputationRep:
    i downloaded all the ones the exam website had, then i used went through them and on the subjects i needed help with i looked at the answer to make sure that i understood how it cam about. then did the rest of them as mocks. i managed to go from a D the week before to an A i also bougth the exam practice books.....they're shyt!

ReputationRep:
    the OP's question: a mixture of both really, i find helps...
    do exam q's as u go along...
    do one topic, do an exam q after you've studied it
    it reinforces what you've just learnt...
    keep a few papers aside though, to do in exam conditions at the end

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 17, 2008

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.