The Student Room Group

can i still get into medicine if i fail a gcse?

I really struggle with history and I have this inkling that I may fail. In all my other subjects I'm certain I can get grades 7-9. I usually do well in school and always get great grades but with history, I just can't.

If I do fail and do well in my A-levels, will I still be able to do medicine? Or will universities have a prejudice against me if I fail history but do really well in every other subject?
This is like me but I am failing German, not History. The school first made me do German even though I was never good and is now making me do higher even though I got a 3 in the mocks.
t have alt
Original post by Goldfish4343
This is like me but I am failing German, not History. The school first made me do German even though I was never good and is now making me do higher even though I got a 3 in the mocks.

Same. My school does one-year courses and learning history in one year is difficult as it is content heavy. Plus I didn't have a stable teacher until literally 2 months ago. I got a 4 in my mocks and fluctuate between grades 3,4 and 5.

Quick Reply

Latest