Roaccutance - information and personal log Watch

oh_wow_lovely
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
been on roaccutane for 2 weeks today, definitely noticed dry skin on my face, the number of spots i get may have increased slightly although i wouldn't notice a difference much seeing as i had quite a few before.
lucho22
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
went on roaccutane couple of years ago...maybe 3 - and although my skin got a lot better i've still got a few spots (really flat ones..but the ****ers are still there) - so i'm on a follow-up treatment of anti-biotics (Tetralycyl).. Hope it does the trick
Mustard-man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Yup, usually anti-biotics are more effective after going on roaccutane.

M-M
prince of persia
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
people this is all bull****, roaccutane is well-known to induce depression and
cause dryness of skin, you can't spend your whole life on antibiotics. There's only really one solution to acne- Nlite- it's expensive yea but gets the job done without hassle
Anonymous #11
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by prince of persia)
cause dryness of skin, you can't spend your whole life on antibiotics. There's only really one solution to acne- Nlite- it's expensive yea but gets the job done without hassle
Everyone is entitled to try it and form their own opinions on it.
You're entitiled to your opinion about Nlite, but there's no way that you can infer that nobody should try Roaccutane beacuse of possible side effects.
Mustard-man
Rep:
?
people this is all bull****, roaccutane is well-known to induce depression
Which is with a minority of people.

cause dryness of skin
Yes, but only whilst on the course.
unfinished sympathy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Mustard-man)
Which is with a minority of people.

Yes, but only whilst on the course.
how long d'you have left on the course mustard man??
Mustard-man
Rep:
?
(Original post by unfinished sympathy)
how long d'you have left on the course mustard man??
I finished around 5 days ago

I will make the odd post now again in the future
unfinished sympathy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I finished around 5 days ago

I will make the odd post now again in the future
are you chuffed with the results?? Im glad its all over you must be too..
Kyri
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey, good to hear you're finished with it. You'll notice the dryness disappearing quite rapidly which is a nice feeling after all that time with skin like a snake.

Now that I've been off roaccutane for a few months I can tell you that I do get some really small spots every now and then, but nothing like the massive mother ****ers I would get before. And anyway, the dermatologist gave me this roll-on thing called dalacin to put on any spots that appear and it works really well. So I'm not totally immune, but still very pleased with the overall outcome of the treatment. It was totally worth it.
Mustard-man
Rep:
?
are you chuffed with the results?? Im glad its all over you must be too..
Yeah, very. I get this good feeling now because when I choose something to eat, I am able to eat whatever I want. Before I was always cautious of eating fatty foods (although derms reckon that has nothing to do with acne :rolleyes:)

Well I'm sort of glad and sort of not.... I personally didn't experience anything adverse, tbh I wouldn't even mind staying on it for a whole year! But that's just sarcasm. I'm just worried that my acne will come back , somehow.

Mustard-man
Rep:
?
Hey, thanks for that Kyri

I'm glad it's much better now, I think you'll agree that even small pimple spots are a blessing compared to cysts and so forth. Hope it completely goes away for you soon!
unfinished sympathy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah, very. I get this good feeling now because when I choose something to eat, I am able to eat whatever I want. Before I was always cautious of eating fatty foods (although derms reckon that has nothing to do with acne :rolleyes:)

Well I'm sort of glad and sort of not.... I personally didn't experience anything adverse, tbh I wouldn't even mind staying on it for a whole year! But that's just sarcasm. I'm just worried that my acne will come back , somehow.

best of luck Mustard man, i hope that it never comes back! and you dont have to suffer with acne again xx
Mustard-man
Rep:
?
best of luck Mustard man, i hope that it never comes back! and you dont have to suffer with acne again xx
Thank you :hugs:
unfinished sympathy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Thank you :hugs:
youre welcome, and i mean it! xxx
prince of persia
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Everyone is entitled to try it and form their own opinions on it.
You're entitiled to your opinion about Nlite, but there's no way that you can infer that nobody should try Roaccutane beacuse of possible side effects.
The reason i say it is because a lot of people try Roaccutane out of desperation because its the only option they have left and because its on the NHS. It has been well documented that roaccutane in the long term, can cause physical defects and even arthritis; if you want a source i'd direct you to the acne e-book you can purchase at http://www.acnecured.com/about.html

I mentioned Nlite because it worked for me and for many other people, within a month, with 3 simple, painless treatments, my acne was gone. It's the only thing on that market that works without side-effects. My advice; if you want to cure your acne, either change your diet as explained in the e-book, or do the Nlite in combination with Jan Marini products, again the best currently on the market
oh_wow_lovely
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
umm, no. i've had atleast 4/5 n-lite treatments before trying roaccutane and the results weren't great. n-lite is only suitable for mild acne.

i also tried the jan marini products.
prince of persia
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by _LDN_)
umm, no. i've had atleast 4/5 n-lite treatments before trying roaccutane and the results weren't great. n-lite is only suitable for mild acne.

i also tried the jan marini products.
ya your right if you have full blown cystic acne Nlite's not the way to go; i was referring to the average joe with everyday acne
Mustard-man
Rep:
?
It has been well documented that roaccutane in the long term, can cause physical defects and even arthritis; if you want a source i'd direct you to the acne e-book you can purchase at http://www.acnecured.com/about.html
Why on earth would it still be on the market then?!!?

What kind of physical defects? Arthiritis, yes, but only with a very very small minority.

The reason i say it is because a lot of people try Roaccutane out of desperation because its the only option they have left and because its on the NHS.

I mentioned Nlite because it worked for me and for many other people, within a month, with 3 simple, painless treatments, my acne was gone. It's the only thing on that market that works without side-effects. My advice; if you want to cure your acne, either change your diet as explained in the e-book, or do the Nlite in combination with Jan Marini products, again the best currently on the market
Like someone else said, Nlite is for treating minor acne, not serious acne. So yeah, people do do it as it is the last resort on the NHS. Nothing else can treat serious acne as effective as roaccutane. Don't you even sympathise with people who have serious acne? Try typing in 'acne' into the google image search, and turn filters off.

Well no, however much someone with serious acne changes their diet, they will not get rid of acne like that (dermatologists also say that diet has nothing to do with it). You're wrong again, acne cannot be cured, only treated effectively.

Best on the market? That is an opinion, where is the proof?

M-M
prince of persia
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Why on earth would it still be on the market then?!!?

What kind of physical defects? Arthiritis, yes, but only with a very very small minority.

Like someone else said, Nlite is for treating minor acne, not serious acne. So yeah, people do do it as it is the last resort on the NHS. Nothing else can treat serious acne as effective as roaccutane. Don't you even sympathise with people who have serious acne? Try typing in 'acne' into the google image search, and turn filters off.

Well no, however much someone with serious acne changes their diet, they will not get rid of acne like that (dermatologists also say that diet has nothing to do with it). You're wrong again, acne cannot be cured, only treated effectively.

Best on the market? That is an opinion, where is the proof?

M-M

Okay so, the whole point is Nlites not on the NHS, otherwise i suspect many more people would be having it done. I'm not quite sure where the 'sympathy' you're talking about comes into it, i'm just sharing my experience of dealing with my own acne with hopes that it might help others, what exactly is *unsympathetic about that?

Umm second 'dermatologists' deal with skin, they know nothing about nutrition and aren't really qualified to make such statements. Nutritionists on the other hand have *proven (again in the Ebook aforementioned) that red meats such as beef contain added chemicals in them which promote the production of acne causing hormones. Same with any dairy products.

People with acne, notably serious acne, essentially suffer from a digestive problem in the liver. They find it hard to breakdown complex sugars and as such need to be supplemented with EFAs (essential fatty acids). I could go on but it would be labouring the point- in short nutrition has everything to do with acne, its the root cause- nething you do to your face acts on the surface only, INCLUDING roaccutance which merely shuts off the oil producing glands (which is unhealthy in itself as you need oil to live healthily)

I'm aware the general consensus is you can't *cure acne merely treat it; it's not a belief i subscribe to really. I think if you put your nutrition right, you have your foundation for a permanent eradication.

As for the Jan Marini, i recall it was voted top by some magazine, i know thats not terribly helpful but its what everyone on Harley Street uses and tbh they have no need for anything but the best anyway.

Hope that answers some of your queries
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (281)
27.5%
No (741)
72.5%

Watched Threads