Roaccutance - information and personal log Watch

Mustard-man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Yeah read all 12 pages? :eek: :p:

By the way, they probably won't put you on it straight away on the 14th, they usually give you an information booklet for you to think about.

Good luck with it
Remychi
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
Yes all 12!! Was very interesting to hear all the different points of view. My aim is to go on it Jan at somepoint, that way I can still drink over New Yrs/Xmas and hopefully be cured by summer, yippeee!

Mustard-man
Rep:
?
heh, good plan.
Anonymous #13
Report 12 years ago
I had the highest legal dose of roaccutane for over a year and it pretty much cleared me out completely. I still get the odd spot or two, but nothing like the congestion under my skin I used to have before. It [the acne] used to affect my life massively, so i'm very glad I did it. I do believe it affected my mood, but i've had other things going on in my life which could have been to blame. Realistically though if your acne is causing depression, anxiety and self-loathing you have to believe its worth it. I know that it was for me.
Remychi
Report 12 years ago
Crikes, over a year!?! What's the average that one generally has to take it for - does anyone know?
Glad it helped you out, I cannot imagine the feeling of waking up, going out, buying clothes, wearing them, going out in sunlight, sunbathing, bumping into a friend in the street..... and not worrying about the state of my complexion!! It would change my life for the better in so many ways - you guys must all have a new lease of life, no??
Mustard-man
Rep:
?
5 months.
A year?!?!!? That's crazy :confused:
Spig
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i've never suffered from acne so i don't really know what it feels like. i certainly don't have perfect skin-faaaaaaar from it though. glad that stuff's helped mate.

remychi.- have you tried laser treatment. expensive, but apparently the results are marked.i thought a litle sunlight actually helped with spots.
white_haired_wizard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Spig)
i've never suffered from acne so i don't really know what it feels like. i certainly don't have perfect skin-faaaaaaar from it though. glad that stuff's helped mate.

remychi.- have you tried laser treatment. expensive, but apparently the results are marked.i thought a litle sunlight actually helped with spots.
I believe sunlight does help with the skin. It was only last year i was touring India for 3 weeks, and my skin during that time looked amazing. I guess that's what 38-42 c temperatures can do :cool:
Mustard-man
Rep:
?
(Original post by Spig)
cheers spig
oh_wow_lovely
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i've been taking roaccutane for about 8 weeks now? yesterday i was upped to the 40mg per day treatment. because i'm only about 8 stone my doctor doesn't think my body can handle any more than that per day. he says i'll probably be on it for another 4 months.
lilalet
Report 12 years ago
For me a 6 month spell did the trick, and my skin ws pretty much fine for a year. Annoyingly now though I may have to go on a second course. :mad:

(Original post by Anonymous)
I had the highest legal dose of roaccutane for over a year and it pretty much cleared me out completely.
Out of interest, what is the highest legal dose?
Mustard-man
Rep:
?
(Original post by lilalet)
Out of interest, what is the highest legal dose?
Usually dermatologists' maximum is 1mg accutane per 1kg weight
Mustard-man
Rep:
?
(Original post by _LDN_)
i've been taking roaccutane for about 8 weeks now?
How has it been so far?
oh_wow_lovely
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
well, i don't think there's been a huge difference in my skin so far, but my doctor said it's only been the trial period to see if my body could handle the drugs. i've had a few big spots, but no more than i did before i started on the roaccutane. so it hasn't got any worse. the only side effects i've had is dry skin
Cortez
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Im going back to the docs tomorrow, hopefully get something more effective than the crap she gave me before!
Mustard-man
Rep:
?
(Original post by _LDN_)
well, i don't think there's been a huge difference in my skin so far, but my doctor said it's only been the trial period to see if my body could handle the drugs. i've had a few big spots, but no more than i did before i started on the roaccutane. so it hasn't got any worse. the only side effects i've had is dry skin
Yeah, and if everythings alright, then they usually up you onto full dosage.

Good luck cortez :p:
DenningsWig
Report 12 years ago
I was on roaccutane when i was about 17 (now 21) for quite severe cystic acne, it really damaged my confidence. I went to a private dermatologist and they prescribed me it. It worked wonders and after 6 months i was clear. I had very little side effects, only dry lips really, although i have got minor scars from before taking it. I was pretty much spot free up until about this time last year. The spots are now back, though not as bad as before, but enough for me to notice. I didnt want to go back to the dermatologist because i knew they wouldnt prescribe me roaccutane, so I decided to order some of the internet from orderpharma.com. Abit of a risk i know but it will hopefully be worth it. Im only doing 20mg a day though and not the 35mg like i was prescribed before. Im starting to get the dry lips again after 3 weeks and am starting to notice a difference, though im still getting a few spots, smallers ones though.

Id fully recommend this drug to anyone, it really does work and from what i gather 80% of the people who take it only get dry skin and ther minor side effects.
Mustard-man
Rep:
?
:eek: You should not order roaccutane off a website :eek:
DenningsWig
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Mustard-man)
:eek: You should not order roaccutane off a website :eek:

No i shouldnt, but its the exact same stuff i was prescribed, made by the swiss company roche. I wouldnt take if i had any doubts about its authenticity. I wouldnt recommend a first timer user buying it off the net because it could have serious side effects on that person. Im tried and tested though so i suppose the risk is far less.
Mustard-man
Rep:
?
But are you that sure that it is authentic?

Usually anti-biotics are more effective after being on roaccutane...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (34)
26.77%
No (93)
73.23%

Watched Threads