Turn on thread page Beta

Roaccutance - information and personal log watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soul Rebel)
    i stopped rouaccutane about 3 years ago, but recently some spots are coming back accross my back, im now gonna try some lymocycline again see if it works as i dont want to go back onto rouaccutane at uni-----wont be able to have a drink and lets face it, thats impossible at uni haha.
    Cheers for the update

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mustard-man)
    Cheers for the update
    Yeah, tbh if I stay spot-free for 3 years from now I'll be just about finished Uni so that'd be fine by me, lol.

ReputationRep:
    Heh :p: Well, for me, so far I haven't really had any problems (since coming off accutane about this time last year). It's just every time I eat a couple of greasy meals (don't usually, but on holiday atm and people keep inviting for meals etc.) I tend to have a small outbreak.

ReputationRep:
    Heh :p: Well, for me, so far I haven't really had any problems (since coming off accutane about this time last year). It's just every time I eat a couple of greasy meals (don't usually, but on holiday atm and people keep inviting for meals etc.) I tend to have a small outbreak.
    What's your diet like now after the accutane?

I finish my 5 month course in September, and now my complexion is very good indeed, the purple and reddening is slowly but surely getting better. The only real side effect for me has been the damned lips =/ Carmex is about the only thing out there that does a good enough job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leonidas)
    What's your diet like now after the accutane?
    Quite normal. I don't really avoid certain foods (like I used to) when I go out (e.g. yesterday I had a BK meal when some friends). If a chocolate bar on the shelf looks nice (new coffee kit kat), then I'd buy it (and eat it ). At home it's really the same, except I no longer eat crisps anymore. If my mum cooks me chicken nuggets, then I would eat it. I'm just less concious of what I eat now because the likelihood of breakouts is low. Also I don't get fat I remember when the accutane was taking full effective - I was being naughty and eating lots of fish and chips and stuff, purely because I hadn't eaten any for several years and had forgotten how good it tasted! :coma:

I finish my 5 month course in September, and now my complexion is very good indeed, the purple and reddening is slowly but surely getting better. The only real side effect for me has been the damned lips =/ Carmex is about the only thing out there that does a good enough job.
    Ah right :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Went back today at the end of my course...was told that my blood fats had increased during roaccutane and may be an indicator of future blood fat trouble in the future...despite not being over-weight and eating healthily. Plus I'm back on them again as it flared up again.

Bad times.

ReputationRep:
    Went back today at the end of my course...was told that my blood fats had increased during roaccutane and may be an indicator of future blood fat trouble in the future...despite not being over-weight and eating healthily. Plus I'm back on them again as it flared up again.

Bad times.
    ;console;

Didn't they prescribe you other stuff (anti-biotics) after you got off accutane and it started flaring up again? Apparently anti-biotics work more effectively after coming off accutane (you have to wait a certain period before taking them though, IIRC)

ReputationRep:
    I went on Roaccutane 2 yrs ago and it was amazing, i rarely get spots anymore

I didn't like the dryness that much whilst i was on it, i used to get nose bleeds from the dryness in my nose and i couldn't last a day without vaseline or else my lips wud be sooo painful and chapped. Plus sides my hair didn't get greasy that much i could go for like 4 days without washing it and it'd be fine lol.

I was on it for something like 7 months and had about 3 or 4 blood tests i can't remember and was on 4 tablets a day. I didn't notice much mood problems but i did get down now and again and quite touchy but nothing major.

I'd recommend it to anyone who has acne as its completely long term its been 2 yrs and i only get a spot every now and again but nothing compared to what i sued to get, i used to get spots all over my face and then it started on my chest, i still ave scars from them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lou76854)
    Plus sides my hair didn't get greasy that much i could go for like 4 days without washing it and it'd be fine lol.
    Hehe, yup

ReputationRep:
    ;console;

Didn't they prescribe you other stuff (anti-biotics) after you got off accutane and it started flaring up again? Apparently anti-biotics work more effectively after coming off accutane (you have to wait a certain period before taking them though, IIRC)
    This is true in my experience. Tetracycline now keeps mine under control, whereas before nothing (bar accutane obviously) would work.

ReputationRep:
    ;console;

Nah, I'm on Accutane again until at least November, I assume then I will get the anti-biotics. Got my fasting blood test on Friday though I think.

ReputationRep:
    I was never put on any anti biotics after i finished, but then again nothing but dry skin happened to me so i was quite lucky.

ReputationRep:
    I was never put on any anti biotics after i finished, but then again nothing but dry skin happened to me so i was quite lucky.
    No, that's only if the acne comes back after coming off accutane

ReputationRep:
    Hey

Can anyone tell me what the best kind of moisturisers to use when on this drug? I never used them before so I have no clue what i need.

I tried one but hated walking around the day with greasy skin from putting it on, so does anyone have any advice on good products for face and lips?

cheers

FK

ReputationRep:
    I used Vaseline for my lips, it worked wonders and also bought some E45 creme for my face.

ReputationRep:
    I used Vaseline for my lips, it worked wonders and also bought some E45 creme for my face.
    :ditto: But started using Bio oil towards the end... Also ocassionally used aqueous cream instead of E45.

I used vaseline for my lips when I went to bed, so the next day I didn't have to apply any because it would usually last the day...

ReputationRep:
    :ditto: But started using Bio oil towards the end... Also ocassionally used aqueous cream instead of E45.

I used vaseline for my lips when I went to bed, so the next day I didn't have to apply any because it would usually last the day...
    Christ i had apply vaseline like every half hour, i remember i went on a trip with college one day and forgot my vaseline and by the time i got home my lips were so chapped that it even started peeling around my lips. Didn't really hepl that this was the middle of december and we were walking around outside all day lol.

ReputationRep:
    Christ i had apply vaseline like every half hour, i remember i went on a trip with college one day and forgot my vaseline and by the time i got home my lips were so chapped that it even started peeling around my lips. Didn't really hepl that this was the middle of december and we were walking around outside all day lol.
    Eek ;console; The cold blistering winds, aww... :p: :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    how old are you guys, just out of interest?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FK)
    how old are you guys, just out of interest?
    19. Was 18 when I was on the course though...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 2, 2009
Poll
Do you have any savings?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.