Internal Isolations / behavioural sanctions and their effect on further education

Watch
spooky1616
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am currently in Year 11 at a Private School in the UK and have 2 internal isolations and have been involved in a few other (non-serious) incidents which I have got phone calls home for etc. The internal isolations were both for fights.

Will it affect my chances of getting into universities?

One of those isolations was in Year 8, and the other in Year 9 so obviously this was quite some time ago.
Last edited by spooky1616; 1 year ago
Lllllolll
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Have you ever wondered why you got isolated? Is it to do with uncontrolled emotions, hanging out with the wrong crowd or just something random? Ponder over this and think about what you can do to prevent any in the future. There is nothing better than PREVENTion rather than EXTENsion. What I mean is rather than EXTENding your anxiety by thinking about how this will affect your future, try to PREVENT any more occuring in the future. When you get back from isolation, try to get into your teacher's good books. (This is vital as you have 2 years to spare before your GCSEs and want to have a good reference for jobs). If you can get into the teachers' good books, your teachers will notice your changed attitude and are likely to be forgiving. Talk to someone or reply to my reply for more tips. REMEMBER: The present is not as valuable as the future. Your isolation is only temporary.Apologieshisnswer you were looking for, but please take my reply into consideration. Thanks for reading this.
PS: I'm in year 9 too.
PSPS: Were you a 'popular kid' who disses teachers and mucks about in class etc?
tyryer
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
youre ard arent ya
spooky1616
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Lllllolll)
Have you ever wondered why you got isolated? Is it to do with uncontrolled emotions, hanging out with the wrong crowd or just something random? Ponder over this and think about what you can do to prevent any in the future. There is nothing better than PREVENTion rather than EXTENsion. What I mean is rather than EXTENding your anxiety by thinking about how this will affect your future, try to PREVENT any more occuring in the future. When you get back from isolation, try to get into your teacher's good books. (This is vital as you have 2 years to spare before your GCSEs and want to have a good reference for jobs). If you can get into the teachers' good books, your teachers will notice your changed attitude and are likely to be forgiving. Talk to someone or reply to my reply for more tips. REMEMBER: The present is not as valuable as the future. Your isolation is only temporary.Apologieshisnswer you were looking for, but please take my reply into consideration. Thanks for reading this.
PS: I'm in year 9 too.
PSPS: Were you a 'popular kid' who disses teachers and mucks about in class etc?

Thanks for taking time out of your day to respond to my post. It appears you have misunderstood what internal isolation is as you said 'when you get back from isolation', so I'll quickly clarify. Internal Isolation is when you come into school, but instead of going through normal lessons with your classmates you go through all the lessons alone in a classroom with teachers occasionally checking in on you.

Both of them were for being in the crowd during a fight, guess I should've learnt from the first time, but I didn't.
Last edited by spooky1616; 1 year ago
Little Popcorns
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Wow naughty and privately educated, unheard of
username3885888
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I do not think so. In my school, I used to get a lot of isolation, mainly for lunches, but also breaks and full days. Then once I did some work, and left it in my cell. In my school, a isolation booth is a desk, with high walls to the side, allowing you to face the teacher, and long walls going back to stop you talking, as well as a piece of wood, covering the legs and feet, with the number. Anyway, I entered to look for my work, and got seen, and got given 2 weeks iso, and detention, and then another 2 weeks for removing my shoes behind the wall, and leaving without them to the toilet. Btw, in my school heavy duty dr. Marten style boots are needed. So I got 4. Weeks of iso, as well as a reference from the principal, positive one, so no effect I do not think. Best of luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (31)
25.62%
Less motivated (90)
74.38%

Watched Threads