The Student Room Group

Thermodynamics

A container having volume V=90dm^3 is filled with bi-atomic gas at pressure p1=0.8MPa and temperatureT1=27°C. What amount of heat should be delivered into the gas to raise its pressure to p2=1.6MPa.
Original post by aapadela
A container having volume V=90dm^3 is filled with bi-atomic gas at pressure p1=0.8MPa and temperatureT1=27°C. What amount of heat should be delivered into the gas to raise its pressure to p2=1.6MPa.

Try using pv=nrt to find n . Then convert moles into mass and use q=mc🔺️t
Reply 2
Thank you for the reply to a question which i posted. I would appreciate if you can please give the complete solution for the posted query. I have another query related to thermodynamics: An isolated container is divided into two parts by insulated partition. The volumes ratio is 1:3. The bigger part contains 4kg of oxygen at 330K, while the smaller part 5kg of helium at 400K. Determine the entropy generation rate in the system after removing of partition.
Thank you for the reply to a question which i posted. I would appreciate if you can please give the complete solution for the posted query. I have another query related to thermodynamics: An isolated container is divided into two parts by insulated partition. The volumes ratio is 1:3. The bigger part contains 4kg of oxygen at 330K, while the smaller part 5kg of helium at 400K. Determine the entropy generation rate in the system after removing of partition.

Why should they post the complete solution?

Why don't you have a go first, and then tell us what you're stuck on?

Simply demanding a solution won't get you anywhere.
Original post by Kian Stevens
Why should they post the complete solution?

Why don't you have a go first, and then tell us what you're stuck on?

Simply demanding a solution won't get you anywhere.

Well said.
Reply 5
Thank you for the reply. Firstly, I don't understand the question and please help me in solving the problem. I have also another query regarding same subject

Two-atomic gas (m=1kg) having temperature T1=20°C is compressed in a compressor from pressure
p1=0.1MPa up to pressure p2=1MPa. Calculate the final temperature of compressed gas and the reversible heat exchanged due the transformation. The transformation can be approximated by the relation p=A/V^n with n=1.2. Specific heat at constant volume is equal cv=0.716kJ/(kgK).
Thank you for the reply. Firstly, I don't understand the question and please help me in solving the problem. I have also another query regarding same subject

Two-atomic gas (m=1kg) having temperature T1=20°C is compressed in a compressor from pressure
p1=0.1MPa up to pressure p2=1MPa. Calculate the final temperature of compressed gas and the reversible heat exchanged due the transformation. The transformation can be approximated by the relation p=A/V^n with n=1.2. Specific heat at constant volume is equal cv=0.716kJ/(kgK).

Again... No.

'I don't understand the question' doesn't mean 'can someone do it for me'.
Reply 7
Please I need your support to solve the thermodynamics question:
Nitrogen was compressed from pressure and temperature p1 = 100 kPa and t1 = 25°C to p2 = 1 MPa and t2 = 150°C (polytrophic process). Find heat and work of compression and change of internal energy of m = 0.1 kg of nitrogen. The molar mass and the isentropic exponent for nitrogen are equaled to: M = 28 kg/kmol and κ = 1.4, respectively. Universal gas constant: B = 8314 J/(kmol K).

Ahmed

Quick Reply

Latest