Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ive been trying to find the thread for ages but still no luck.

Is there really NO ONE doing this exam board?

Im looking for some example 15 mark answers.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing this course - I'm in the same boat as you! 15 markers for which component?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoe.scamp)
    I'm doing this course - I'm in the same boat as you! 15 markers for which component?
    So frustrating ! i can see why its an unpopular course....

Any long answers really as i want to see how they look when they are done correctly. My teachers are horrendous.

I think for this course its all about the questions, it could all be ok or there is potential for them to throw in some really awful ones.

How are you revising for monday?

ReputationRep:
    I completely agree. I personally am yet to find helpful Component 2&3 long answers (e.g. 15 markers)... how have your teachers taught you to answer the issues/debates questions? We've been taught PEEHEE, yet this makes the answer too balanced in my opinion where you're just sitting on the fence...?!

A useful 15 marker for Component 1, though, I have found on this website - pages 12-13.
    http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/237526-...ch-methods.pdf

For Monday I feel pretty confident anyway, I use revision cards mostly. (My teachers predict it'll be wilcoxon, binomal sign or spearman's, and the 15 marker probably an observation - so I have been revising strengths/weaknesses of observational techniques)! How are you revising? Which subjects are you doing for applied psychology?

Hope this helps a tiny bit...

ReputationRep:
    I completely agree. I personally am yet to find helpful Component 2&3 long answers (e.g. 15 markers)... how have your teachers taught you to answer the issues/debates questions? We've been taught PEEHEE, yet this makes the answer too balanced in my opinion where you're just sitting on the fence...?!

A useful 15 marker for Component 1, though, I have found on this website - pages 12-13.
    http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/237526-...ch-methods.pdf

For Monday I feel pretty confident anyway, I use revision cards mostly. (My teachers predict it'll be wilcoxon, binomal sign or spearman's, and the 15 marker probably an observation - so I have been revising strengths/weaknesses of observational techniques)! How are you revising? Which subjects are you doing for applied psychology?

Hope this helps a tiny bit...
    We were just taught PEE but honestly the psychology department at my college leave a lot to be desired. We all feel like were out on our own a little bit.

I really need to go over the inferential statistics stuff.

For applied psychology i'm doing Criminal and Environmental. Environmental is sooo boring.

Overall I think the course make a mess of a lovely subject.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ciarayh)
    We were just taught PEE but honestly the psychology department at my college leave a lot to be desired. We all feel like were out on our own a little bit.

I really need to go over the inferential statistics stuff.

For applied psychology i'm doing Criminal and Environmental. Environmental is sooo boring.

Overall I think the course make a mess of a lovely subject.
    Mine is the same!
    So with the long answer debates, do you just do 4 unlinked PEEs? Say it was "discuss how the nature/nurture debate can be applied to psychology" - we were taught:
    P - state how it is nature
    E - use study to prove
    E- explain
    H - however... it is not nature because...
    E - use study
    E - explain
    (and then another PEEHEE stating how it is nurture/not) but this structure makes no sense to me? it's just sitting on the fence and really hard to not repeat yourself?

I also do criminal and environmental

ReputationRep:
    Mine is the same!
    So with the long answer debates, do you just do 4 unlinked PEEs? Say it was "discuss how the nature/nurture debate can be applied to psychology" - we were taught:
    P - state how it is nature
    E - use study to prove
    E- explain
    H - however... it is not nature because...
    E - use study
    E - explain
    (and then another PEEHEE stating how it is nurture/not) but this structure makes no sense to me? it's just sitting on the fence and really hard to not repeat yourself?

I also do criminal and environmental
    Yeah also isnt it a bit tricky to find reasons which properly oppose each other ?? What is the rationale behind pairing up the arguments.

Yeah i think generally we were just taught to brain fart 4 points using PEE.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah also isnt it a bit tricky to find reasons which properly oppose each other ?? What is the rationale behind pairing up the arguments.

Yeah i think generally we were just taught to brain fart 4 points using PEE.
    Think it's got something to do with having a balanced argument? But this structure goes against every instinct I have on writing a basic essay😂...

ReputationRep:
    How did you find the exam today? @ciarayh

ReputationRep:
    How did you find the exam today? @ciarayh

I thought it was ok ! i seemed to be getting all the maths correct.. ! happy with that

i thought a few of the multiple choices were harsh but cant complain for multiple choice

i thought the responsibility question was horrible ive never learned that AT ALL... 6 marks thrown away although i did answer it....

for the long answer i wrote about event sampling then changed my mind at the end so had a nightmare trying to change the words on the sentences and change words in my linked research...

even though i made it sound bad above, it was only the responsibility question that really stumped me, so overall happy

My freinds were saying the maths was really really hard.....

im not looking forward to friday as i have biology on thursday and i always tend to focus more on biology anyway :/ so a bit worried ill end up leaving it all until last minute

How did you find it ????

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was ok ! i seemed to be getting all the maths correct.. ! happy with that

i thought a few of the multiple choices were harsh but cant complain for multiple choice

i thought the responsibility question was horrible ive never learned that AT ALL... 6 marks thrown away although i did answer it....

for the long answer i wrote about event sampling then changed my mind at the end so had a nightmare trying to change the words on the sentences and change words in my linked research...

even though i made it sound bad above, it was only the responsibility question that really stumped me, so overall happy

My freinds were saying the maths was really really hard.....

im not looking forward to friday as i have biology on thursday and i always tend to focus more on biology anyway :/ so a bit worried ill end up leaving it all until last minute

How did you find it ????
    I thought it was quite a mean paper in all honesty. Throwing in an entire chi square test when they have said in the textbook we would never need to calculate the whole thing in one go is a bit cruel...

I managed ok though, I know I got the chi square answer wrong because I forgot the calculator doesn't automatically make negatives positive when you do -3.5² for example! so messed up marks there with my insignificant answer of 0... hopefully I will gain marks for my working out😬

the multiple choices were tough I agree! think they were compensating the easy ones last year.

I thought the 15 marker was nice though, and I knew about ethics well so I found the 6 marker ok.

dreading the other papers now, especially since I feel I don't have a good grade in this to fall back on!☹️

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was quite a mean paper in all honesty. Throwing in an entire chi square test when they have said in the textbook we would never need to calculate the whole thing in one go is a bit cruel...

I managed ok though, I know I got the chi square answer wrong because I forgot the calculator doesn't automatically make negatives positive when you do -3.5² for example! so messed up marks there with my insignificant answer of 0... hopefully I will gain marks for my working out😬

the multiple choices were tough I agree! think they were compensating the easy ones last year.

I thought the 15 marker was nice though, and I knew about ethics well so I found the 6 marker ok.

dreading the other papers now, especially since I feel I don't have a good grade in this to fall back on!☹️

Someone started a new post today after the exam if you search OCR Psychology it comes up as research methods 4th june or something, have a look on there !!

ive spoken about a few Q's on there

after reading some other peoples answers i am less confident on the maths...

the chi squared was harsh ! especially having to remember how to work out degrees of freedom and such,... so easy to have ruined the whole thing

Thats soo harsh about your calculator !! on the other thread they are discussing that and not sure i got it completely correct though ahaha

yep i revised observations as u predicted ahah so thankyouu so thought that one was OK i wrote a lot so cant be too bad, and i drew 2 things out.... and i refereced own research i think 2 times.

i wrote a load of rubbish for the inter rater question aswelll

I am really worried about the other 2 papers too

ReputationRep:
    Someone started a new post today after the exam if you search OCR Psychology it comes up as research methods 4th june or something, have a look on there !!

ive spoken about a few Q's on there

after reading some other peoples answers i am less confident on the maths...

the chi squared was harsh ! especially having to remember how to work out degrees of freedom and such,... so easy to have ruined the whole thing

Thats soo harsh about your calculator !! on the other thread they are discussing that and not sure i got it completely correct though ahaha

yep i revised observations as u predicted ahah so thankyouu so thought that one was OK i wrote a lot so cant be too bad, and i drew 2 things out.... and i refereced own research i think 2 times.

i wrote a load of rubbish for the inter rater question aswelll

I am really worried about the other 2 papers too
    hehe yeah I saw that, immediately made me feel better knowing I wasn't the only one have you seen the Twitter memes on it? they'll cheer you up too if you're feeling down 😉

yay! you're welcome. yeah the questions were tough, so annoying when only a tiny fraction of the stuff we learn comes up... felt like I was doing a GCSE maths paper to be honest!!

I know what you mean about Friday where you're trying to revise for other subjects - my main subject is English lit and I have completely neglected it for a while now just because I'm focusing on history and the next psychology exam (particularly section B) and also the applied :/ ...

ReputationRep:
    hehe yeah I saw that, immediately made me feel better knowing I wasn't the only one have you seen the Twitter memes on it? they'll cheer you up too if you're feeling down 😉

yay! you're welcome. yeah the questions were tough, so annoying when only a tiny fraction of the stuff we learn comes up... felt like I was doing a GCSE maths paper to be honest!!

I know what you mean about Friday where you're trying to revise for other subjects - my main subject is English lit and I have completely neglected it for a while now just because I'm focusing on history and the next psychology exam (particularly section B) and also the applied :/ ...
    ive completely neglected paper 2 and 3, these next few days are so cruical.

yeah just been looking at twitter acctually !! looks like everyone upset about Chi Squared. It does say explicitly in the book that it wouldnt be asked in an exam which is horrendous.

ReputationRep:
    ive completely neglected paper 2 and 3, these next few days are so cruical.

yeah just been looking at twitter acctually !! looks like everyone upset about Chi Squared. It does say explicitly in the book that it wouldnt be asked in an exam which is horrendous.
    I think you are right in that approach to be honest, we gotta take it one day at a time!

it really is unfair, hopefully this all means we have more lenient grade boundaries :/

ReputationRep:
    I think you are right in that approach to be honest, we gotta take it one day at a time!

it really is unfair, hopefully this all means we have more lenient grade boundaries :/
    yeah surely boundaries will be lowered from last year. I saw somewhere last year was 75/90 for A* area, which is alright considering how much easier it was..

Also hopefully they will be easy on us for the next two to make up for it

ReputationRep:
    I thought I knew the core studies so well then I tried a past paper and man they ask the most intimate details that I don't even think I ever learnt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rm715)
    I thought I knew the core studies so well then I tried a past paper and man they ask the most intimate details that I don't even think I ever learnt
    Yeah theyre so picky !!! shameless about the fact they've made it into such a memory test

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rm715)
    To me, that's the easy bit. How on earth do you apply them to the debates is my problem...?!!

ReputationRep:
    To me, that's the easy bit. How on earth do you apply them to the debates is my problem...?!!
    The one I hate is individual v situation, I can never remenber which variables fall under which category

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 10, 2018

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.