Sidra04
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello, I am currently in Year 9 going into Year 10 in a few weeks. When should I start revising for my GCSE exams in Year 11 and how much time should I spend revising each day? The subjects I am taking for my GCSEs are English Language, English Literature, Mathematic, Triple Science, Religious Studies, Geography & French.
Funakoshi
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
As soon as year 11 mocks finish
KR1282
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
lol thats what i did well actually when i was sitting my mocks i revised a bit

bt u dont really need to worry now as such just chill ull be fine
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
start making notes and revision materials in year 10, you'll thank yourself in year 11.
PeterDick'ed
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Try 1-2 hours a day in Year 10, then increase to 2-3 hours in year 11. When its near exam time, bust out some 4-5 hour sessions. Easier said than done (tried this myself-failed) but if you stick with this, you will get guaranteed 8/9s
Satori Tendō
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Sidra04)
Hello, I am currently in Year 9 going into Year 10 in a few weeks. When should I start revising for my GCSE exams in Year 11 and how much time should I spend revising each day? The subjects I am taking for my GCSEs are English Language, English Literature, Mathematic, Triple Science, Religious Studies, Geography & French.
I revised an hour before each one and still got As.
But since GCSE's have gotten harder, I suggest perhaps around spring/ end of winter in yr 11
nells45581
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PeterDick'ed)
Try 1-2 hours a day in Year 10, then increase to 2-3 hours in year 11. When its near exam time, bust out some 4-5 hour sessions. Easier said than done (tried this myself-failed) but if you stick with this, you will get guaranteed 8/9s
To be honest, I disagree. As long as you revise well for your Year 10 tests and final exams, as well as Year 11 tests and mocks, and keep the notes you've used for those, you don't need to do anything extra until it's time to start revising for actual GCSES. (Feb half term if you feel it's necessary, or later if you prefer. I'd say the absolute minimum starting point is Easter hols.)
PenPaper
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Sidra, the best advice is to start making notes in year 10/11, because making good detailed notes takes a few months at least! When exams come near, learn those notes- one/two topics a day for each subject. You should be allright, you have a lot of time! Good luck for year 10. Hope this helps!
- Pen Paper
Baza2002
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm in year 11 now doing mu GCSEs. I wish I'd started revising after Christmas in year 10. After Christmas, just (for subjects like geography and triple science) go through the revision guide and make notes. Do maybe 30 minutes a day. Then, in the summer between year 10 and year 11, just relax and enjoy it. When you are in year 11, keep doing 30 minutes a day until Christmas. Enjoy Christmas holidays and don't revise. Then, after Christmas, do 1 hour of revision each day. When it gets to February half term, enjoy that half term and relax. After February half term, do 2 hours a day. Then when it gets to Easter, do 3-4 hours a day.
caraem124
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’d say revise an hour a night now and make que cards of everything ASAP and then you won’t have to stress too much in year 11. That’s what I wish I had done
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (175)
46.17%
Take exams next summer (56)
14.78%
Change uni choice through clearing (89)
23.48%
Apply to uni next year instead (41)
10.82%
I'm not applying to university (18)
4.75%

Watched Threads