How to fix sleeping pattern quickly Watch

DiligentBop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Been on study leave for 2 weeks and my sleeping pattern has gone to sh!t basically sleeping at 6-8 and waking up around 4pm, however I have exams for the next two weeks (A Levels) starting Monday and have been trying to fix it the past week with no success, what can I do to fix my pattern quickly as I don’t want my poor sleeping pattern to affect my exam results.
Ramiren
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don't go to bed tonight, stay awake until tommorrow evening then go to bed at a normal bed time, make sure you spend the day doing something instead of just lying or sitting down so you can't just drift off.

You'll feel pretty tired for a few days, like you've barely slept even after getting a full 8 hours, but eventually your body will acclimatize.
GlockInmyRari
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
go to bed at 4 tonight, get up at noon
go to bed at 1 tomorrow, get up at 8
DiligentBop
Rep:
?
I’ve been trying to do that the past few days but what usually happens is I’ll end up taking a nap at around 4 then at night I won’t be able to sleep again
independentx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I totally feel you, my sleep schedule is an absolute mess and I'm back at school on Monday. I quite like the suggestion of doing an allnighter tonight - it's not healthy but it will probably work. Or you could try to go to sleep a couple of hours earlier tonight and waking up a couple of hour earlier too - and the same tomorrow night.
ml55
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
get a wake up light they're great
DiligentBop
Rep:
?
(Original post by SpongebobSwag)
go to bed at 4 tonight, get up at noon
go to bed at 1 tomorrow, get up at 8
I would like to try this but when I get into bed earlier I literally can’t sleep, yesterday I was in bed at 8 and didn’t sleep until 7 am the next morning
GlockInmyRari
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by DiligentBop)
I would like to try this but when I get into bed earlier I literally can’t sleep, yesterday I was in bed at 8 and didn’t sleep until 7 am the next morning
Yeah i totally understand. The point is to sleep a little less than you'd need to tonight(1-2 hours less than normal). So you'll be kinda sleepy tomorrow, but not so much that you can't study. Tomorrow you study really hard all day and go to bed at a more reasonable time. You'll be able to get up early on monday for your exam. Usually when i know that i have to get up early the next day, i manage to fall a sleep earlier. Also if you sleep only 5-6 hours from sunday to monday, your exam will still go well because of your focus and excitement. You will only be hella tired afterwards. But then starting from monday you can try to sleep during normal hours.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (105)
66.04%
No I haven't decided yet (33)
20.75%
Yes but I might change my mind (21)
13.21%

Watched Threads