Last minute success stories Watch

sophia13
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
In the height of exams, I wanted to know if any of you did something last minute eg: essay, exam, or anything and still ended up getting a good result. It could be for gcses, a levels, university. I am sure we have all been there.
sophia13
Rep:
?
(Original post by sophia13)
In the height of exams, I wanted to know if any of you did something last minute eg: essay, exam, or anything and still ended up getting a good result. It could be for gcses, a levels, university. I am sure we have all been there.
I will start off.
I have one example. I looked at my textbook for 15 minutes in the car and got a A in the exam in the end for history. Which was crazy actaully lol.
Redbull1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I need success stories
Shahzeb_Khan
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I personally think without revising anything, you would not get a good grade, but I guess everyone is different!
CrystalMath101
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wtf how?!
I will start off.
I have one example. I looked at my textbook for 15 minutes in the car and got a A in the exam in the end for history. Which was crazy actaully lol.
RP990
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Im doiing my A levels exams, commencing tuesday. I did all my GCSE's grinding the night before and got 6A's 3B's. Kinda **** compared to some people getting straight A. I'm grinding A-levels now, barely done any revision. ****ing scared. I have three days to know what I need for my first set. I'm trying to, now, just finish what I need to know (specifics) for my next exam. Not trying to finish everything before first exam.
sophia13
Rep:
?
(Original post by CrystalMath101)
Wtf how?!
I don't know. I love history as a subject and i had i think maths the next day and i revised for that instead.
Issakatie
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
further maths gcse in class I had absolutely no idea about. was forced to do it unfortunately and didn't revise for it until 2 days before. I got an A*
sophia13
Rep:
?
(Original post by RP990)
Im doiing my A levels exams, commencing tuesday. I did all my GCSE's grinding the night before and got 6A's 3B's. Kinda **** compared to some people getting straight A. I'm grinding A-levels now, barely done any revision. ****ing scared. I have three days to know what I need for my first set. I'm trying to, now, just finish what I need to know (specifics) for my next exam. Not trying to finish everything before first exam.
That's still good 6A's and 3B's for work the night before which is good.
sophia13
Rep:
?
(Original post by Issakatie)
further maths gcse in class I had absolutely no idea about. was forced to do it unfortunately and didn't revise for it until 2 days before. I got an A*
That's AMAZING. Well done.
Assembly
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My gcse computing went alright last year. Revised the day before and got a C on the paper, with my coursrwork pulling my final grade to a B. I was happy with that considering I messed around throughout 90% of my computing lessons. I also misunderstood the layout of the paper, which cost me marks (I assumed the blank page with a line through was the end, sat for 10 minutes with my paper shut then decided to check my answers and realised in horror there was still like 7 questions with two 6 markers lol).
CrystalMath101
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wooow talk about super memory. You musta remembered your content from class.
I don't know. I love history as a subject and i had i think maths the next day and i revised for that instead.
sophia13
Rep:
?
(Original post by Assembly)
My gcse computing went alright last year. Revised the day before and got a C on the paper, with my coursrwork pulling my final grade to a B. I was happy with that considering I messed around throughout 90% of my computing lessons. I also misunderstood the layout of the paper, which cost me marks (I assumed the blank page with a line through was the end, sat for 10 minutes with my paper shut then decided to check my answers and realised in horror there was still like 7 questions with two 6 markers lol).
Wow. Lol. It's still good a B with the amount of time you put in.
sophia13
Rep:
?
(Original post by CrystalMath101)
Wooow talk about super memory. You musta remembered your content from class.
Yeah, I guess, I just really like history and so I find it a easier subject, I think that's the reason.
Razz13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I got an updated timetable for my GCSEs but didn't realise the old one didn't have my astronomy exam on and I didn't realise I had the exam until the night before; I revised all morning (didn't sleep) and went into the exam that day exhausted - but I still got an A*
sophia13
Rep:
?
(Original post by Razz13)
I got an updated timetable for my GCSEs but didn't realise the old one didn't have my astronomy exam on and I didn't realise I had the exam until the night before; I revised all morning (didn't sleep) and went into the exam that day exhausted - but I still got an A*
Wow. That's amazing. Great work.
iplcr4
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My school did my Maths GCSE and core science in year 10, and I really didn’t take them seriously until my parents reminded me I had less than a week until each of them. Got an A* in maths and an A in science a year early?
Assembly
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Wow. Lol. It's still good a B with the amount of time you put in.
Last minute revision isn't always the end of the world . If you learn only what you need to know - you can get a lot done in a short space of time
sophia13
Rep:
?
(Original post by iplcr4)
My school did my Maths GCSE and core science in year 10, and I really didn’t take them seriously until my parents reminded me I had less than a week until each of them. Got an A* in maths and an A in science a year early?
That's great. You did a year early, that's different but your result is amazing.
Lllllolll
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yah, I cheated of course! ****ing hell was radical!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (22)
24.44%
No (68)
75.56%

Watched Threads