When do Year 11 finish school?(2018)

Watch
kizzywizzy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi
My last exam is on Monday 18th June which is citizenship GCSE- is this the leaving day for me? It says on gov.uk it's the last Friday in June but what is the point if I have no exams left? My school doesn't do study leave or anything like that. I'm wondering as I am applying for a job
Thanks
Life864
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Want to go to a football trial? Legit
anonymous69gcse
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
u have a gcse for citizenship wtf? after gcse's are over i aint going back
alessasiraa111
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yep, on the day of your last exam you can leave
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by kizzywizzy)
Hi
My last exam is on Monday 18th June which is citizenship GCSE- is this the leaving day for me? It says on gov.uk it's the last Friday in June but what is the point if I have no exams left? My school doesn't do study leave or anything like that. I'm wondering as I am applying for a job
Thanks
The last Friday is June is the day when you 'officially' leave school no matter when your last exam is.
kizzywizzy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
The last Friday is June is the day when you 'officially' leave school no matter when your last exam is.
So attendance up until then is mandatory?
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by kizzywizzy)
So attendance up until then is mandatory?
We don't expect our students to come into school after their last exam except on book-return day. Haven't you had any instructions about what to do?
kizzywizzy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
We don't expect our students to come into school after their last exam except on book-return day. Haven't you had any instructions about what to do?
Nah our school is terrible at dates, not even given us a date for prom or leavers assembly to be fair.
Usedaname
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
we had our last offical day on the friday before half term so we only go in for exams, lessons we still have exams for and revision sessions. My last exam is on the 15th so i guess i wont be going in after that. I think you're still technically a student at the school till the end of term some schools just let you stay off after exams though
VickyK55
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
There's no point going in after your last exam, and even if they would want you to: they can't do anything if you don't. So no, I don't think you need to go in, what is the point? xD They can't teach you anything else, it's just a waste of time. Your time would be better spent relaxing or getting that job you want
Minamoto
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For what purpose would you come to school after your examinations have been completed? Even if they tell you to, I advise that you ignore them and do not go to school. The entire purpose of school is to take GCSEs so if you finish them you do not need to even think about school anymore. If they persist, give them a good "f*ck off".
Louisegoswell
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just curious, what are you using to revise citizenship? I’ve got a couple revision books but I really don’t like them
kizzywizzy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Louisegoswell)
Just curious, what are you using to revise citizenship? I’ve got a couple revision books but I really don’t like them
Specimen papers and revision guides
Louisegoswell
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Which revision guides? I’ve got the CPG and the Collins one
patrishap3a5er
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
my school hasn't either so frustrating you know because i don't know what i'm doing of.... makes me want to jump off a bridge
patrishap3a5er
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by VickyK55)
There's no point going in after your last exam, and even if they would want you to: they can't do anything if you don't. So no, I don't think you need to go in, what is the point? xD They can't teach you anything else, it's just a waste of time. Your time would be better spent relaxing or getting that job you want
just looking where i asked for your opinion brb x
Jhopefan72
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Talk to a close friend and calm down listen to some calming music or something
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
22.07%
Excited but a bit nervous (131)
45.17%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.41%
I'm really nervous (59)
20.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise