The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Will Loughborough still accept me?

I am holding a condition offer (AAB) to study at Loughborough. I was wondering if I receive AAC (plus EPQ) will I still get in?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Kinda2
I am holding a condition offer (AAB) to study at Loughborough. I was wondering if I receive AAC (plus EPQ) will I still get in?

You’ll probably have to wait and see on results day. I guess it depends if they’ll have any space left and if anyone else missed their offer.
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Is Loughborough *that* academic?

Also, you may have done better than you think.
Reply 3
Original post by ohdearstudying
Is Loughborough *that* academic?

Also, you may have done better than you think.

They’ve certainly improved a lot over the years.
Reply 4
Original post by Black Water
You’ll probably have to wait and see on results day. I guess it depends if they’ll have any space left and if anyone else missed their offer.

Yeah I thought so, I was just wondering how they make the decision. Do you know if it’s based on the amount of UCAS points that I receive or is it the actual grades that they look at?
They’ve certainly improved a lot over the years.

I'm not sure, i just didn't like the look of the school but it never crossed my mind as having entry requirements similar to Warwick and York!
Reply 6
Original post by Kinda2
Yeah I thought so, I was just wondering how they make the decision. Do you know if it’s based on the amount of UCAS points that I receive or is it the actual grades that they look at?

They’ll look at your application as a whole to someone else’s as well, but the higher the grades the better the chance. :smile:
Reply 7
I'm not sure, i just didn't like the look of the school but it never crossed my mind as having entry requirements similar to Warwick and York!

Yeah it wasn’t so appealing a while back, but now it’s a lot more popular. The grade requirements are also quite high dependent on the course.
Yeah it wasn’t so appealing a while back, but now it’s a lot more popular. The grade requirements are also quite high dependent on the course.

Like, I didn't want to be a snob, but AAB seemed so high!

Thanks for the info though! What is their speciality?
Reply 9

What are you guys studying?
Reply 10

Fair enough, since it’s improved I’m going to apply here for 2019 entry. I don’t think it has a specialty, but apparently it’s good for sports.
Original post by Kinda2
What are you guys studying?

GCSE student (year 11), so a lot.

If you're interested, I'm hoping to study English Literature, Government and Politics and Religious Studies at A Level to study Law LLB (with study abroad) at Cambridge, KCL or just Law at LSE, UCL or Durham.

*hoping* from now for A*A*A
Fair enough, since it’s improved I’m going to apply here for 2019 entry. I don’t think it has a specialty, but apparently it’s good for sports.

Personally, not for me, but it seems good enough! Good luck!!
Reply 13
Personally, not for me, but it seems good enough! Good luck!!

Thank you. :smile: Where have you applied to?
Thank you. :smile: Where have you applied to?

Sorry if I've given off the wrong image, I'm year 11 :/
Reply 15
GCSE student (year 11), so a lot.

If you're interested, I'm hoping to study English Literature, Government and Politics and Religious Studies at A Level to study Law LLB (with study abroad) at Cambridge, KCL or just Law at LSE, UCL or Durham.

*hoping* from now for A*A*A

Okay that sounds crazy to me. Good luck with getting those A*s :smile:
Reply 16
Sorry if I've given off the wrong image, I'm year 11 :/

Oh right, how are GCSE’s going? Do you know what you want to do for A-Levels?
Original post by Kinda2
Okay that sounds crazy to me. Good luck with getting those A*s :smile:

I hope it's not too bad! But good luck this year, I am sure you'll do better than what you thinK!
Reply 18
I hope it's not too bad! But good luck this year, I am sure you'll do better than what you thinK!

Thank you, I hope so. I wish you all the best too.
Oh right, how are GCSE’s going? Do you know what you want to do for A-Levels?

Not even going to lie, pretty dire. Subjects I thought were 'easy' turned out to be more difficult and challenging.

I've been struggling to be motvated for maths and have covered 1 topic. It's hard because my twin brother is predicted really high scores in maths (we did a mock yesterday and he got an 8 and I got a 5). I have covered 1 topic this whole half term because I get so stressed thinking about it. I know I will be so disappointed on results day if I didn't get a 6, yet I am consistently scoring a low 4 to high 5. Next week is hard because I've basically had to teach myself Media (which I thought was going to be easy but is causing so much stress!).

I have a REALLY good school potentially lined up, but if I don't do better they could refuse to fund the place and reject me. I want to do Politics, English Literature (which I've had to self teach at GCSE) and Religious Studies. I know/hope I can achieve A*A*A if I put my mind to it and a good school is chosen.

What are you studying?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending