....or just like phone up and renew it?

thanx for reading+replies

:tsr2:
Citizen Zero
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think you have to pay again for a new one.
Scott85
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
How do you go about getting a NUS card?? I start uni in sept and want one.
tom_tom_tom
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Cant u sneakly try and use the old expired one!

places ive been havent looks very closely at the card, well not close enough to see the expiry date!
bright star
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
they change the colour of the NUS extra cards drastically every year so you can't do that. they're trying to phase out democracy cards by using student id with nus logo on for voting. i'm sure you can get away with using an expired card some places but for a new one you'll need to apply again and get a new card as before.
an_end_has_a_start
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Scott85)
How do you go about getting a NUS card?? I start uni in sept and want one.
NUS extra website

OP: you reneww your card every year, it costs £10 to do so
minionlindz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah mine's expired but I still try to use it.. most places let you only like Topshop etc notice sometimes and are arsey about it. 3 of us had different expired student cards when we went to Cadbury World and they didn't notice

But yeah I think it's like £7 to get a new one. You easily make that back (well I would, the amount I use it), but I'm just too lazy to get a new form, photos, send it off etc etc...
an_end_has_a_start
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by minionlindz)
Yeah mine's expired but I still try to use it.. most places let you only like Topshop etc notice sometimes and are arsey about it. 3 of us had different expired student cards when we went to Cadbury World and they didn't notice

But yeah I think it's like £7 to get a new one. You easily make that back (well I would, the amount I use it), but I'm just too lazy to get a new form, photos, send it off etc etc...

you dont need forms or passport photos, with the NUS extra card you can use whatever photo you like! as long as you've got your debit card handy to pay for it your sorted!
minionlindz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh, joy, I didn't know that hmmms maybe I'll get a new one soon then..
viirkokka
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You have to pay for a new one.

On the NUS cards it's possible to put your date of birth wrong, making you older or younger, like making you 18 instead of 17 for instance....

- :O -
Juno
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've just bought mine! Thanks for reminding me

:juno:
okfaye!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by viirkokka)
You have to pay for a new one.

On the NUS cards it's possible to put your date of birth wrong, making you older or younger, like making you 18 instead of 17 for instance....

I've seen many 16 years olds trying to buy beer with their nus cards before.

In my opinion shops don't really look in detail at student cards these days, some shops ask me if im a student and knock off the discount before i've had time to say yes.
Belle-x
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
NUS cards are rubbish. I use my old UCAS card and get away with it as there's no expiry date or anything and most shops just presume it's normal student discount
viirkokka
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Belle-x)
NUS cards are rubbish. I use my old UCAS card and get away with it as there's no expiry date or anything and most shops just presume it's normal student discount
Where do you get a UCAS card from?
Belle-x
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
http://www.ucas.com/ucascard/ You have to be in year 12 to get it though. That's why mines old now
ashy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I loathe the NUS card and everything it stands for.

Just my two cents :p:
nearlyheadlessian
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by viirkokka)

No one. And I mean no one. Who wants to keep their license. Will sell you booze based on an NUS card :P
jon_mullin
Report 10 years ago
If you are about to go to uni it may be easier not to get one as my uni gave me a free one that doesn't expire. just keep using your old one or say i have student id to say im a student but I've left my nus card at home if you really want the discount.
viirkokka
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by nearlyheadlessian)
No one. And I mean no one. Who wants to keep their license. Will sell you booze based on an NUS card :P
Trust me, they will. I've tried and tested it. Not only in England but Ireland too.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (130)
18.6%
No (422)
60.37%
Not really bothered about them (147)
21.03%

Watched Threads