Year ten poetry essay and language

Watch this thread
Skkkk
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Can anyone be willing to mark my essay on power in London and tissue
TheAlchemistress
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Skkkk)
Can anyone be willing to mark my essay on power in London and tissue
Sure.
Skkkk
Rep:
(Original post by TheAlchemistress)
Sure.
Hi are u still here
TheAlchemistress
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Skkkk)
Hi are u still here
Yep
Skkkk
Rep:
(Original post by thealchemistress)
sure.
how is power presented in london and tissue
!! I have one more paragraph on tissue and another paragraph comapeing them but is this good so far?
Name:  BB7A16DB-2C58-4605-8B1B-076D8DFD5BD5.jpeg
Views: 148
Size:  204.2 KB
Name:  07074EE0-7A30-4423-9F7C-53C7F5347562.jpeg
Views: 121
Size:  203.0 KB
TheAlchemistress
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Skkkk)
how is power presented in london and tissue
!! I have one more paragraph on tissue and another paragraph comapeing them but is this good so far?
Name:  BB7A16DB-2C58-4605-8B1B-076D8DFD5BD5.jpeg
Views: 148
Size:  204.2 KB
Name:  07074EE0-7A30-4423-9F7C-53C7F5347562.jpeg
Views: 121
Size:  203.0 KB
It’s good, but I do A-level English Literature. My advice would be to comment on language techniques because you seem to talk about structure a lot more. Use quotes!!! Each paragraph should have at least 2-3 quotes and analyse it in detail. For example you mentioned the authority repressing people, talk about the quote “hapless Soldiers sigh”, the sibilance and s consonants exemplifies how the society is so repressive that even brave soldiers can’t deal with the society’s rules, and so on. Your context AO3 is BRILLIANT! Though but you need to strengthen your AO2, more quotes. You are also evaluative which is great. I would give it a 6 or 7, but a full on 7 with AO2 strengthened.
Skkkk
Rep:
It’s good, but I do A-level English Literature. My advice would be to comment on language techniques because you seem to talk about structure a lot more. Use quotes!!! Each paragraph should have at least 2-3 quotes and analyse it in detail. For example you mentioned the authority repressing people, talk about the quote “hapless Soldiers sigh”, the sibilance and s consonants exemplifies how the society is so repressive that even brave soldiers can’t deal with the society’s rules, and so on. Your context AO3 is BRILLIANT! Though but you need to strengthen your AO2, more quotes. You are also evaluative which is great. I would give it a 6 or 7, but a full on 7 with AO2 strengthened.
Yes as I said I hadn’t quite finished it and I need to do a paragraph on tissue and another paragraph for both which includes quotes so don’t worry 😭😭 but If i include more quotes which I’m going to now how many marks out of 30 I think this would be
Again I have got loads of quotes but hadn’t wrote them in yet
So out of 30 if I enhance ?
TheAlchemistress
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Skkkk)
Yes as I said I hadn’t quite finished it and I need to do a paragraph on tissue and another paragraph for both which includes quotes so don’t worry 😭😭 but If i include more quotes which I’m going to now how many marks out of 30 I think this would be
Again I have got loads of quotes but hadn’t wrote them in yet
So out of 30 if I enhance ?
Uh, maybe 15 or 16, I’m basing this based on my marked essays from school. So if you were to add quotes and analysis then maybe 18. Not sure this is an estimate.
Skkkk
Rep:
Uh, maybe 15 or 16, I’m basing this based on my marked essays from school. So if you were to add quotes and analysis then maybe 18. Not sure this is an estimate.
How that low my friend wrote something similar to me and got 27
U gotta be joking 😭
Skkkk
Rep:
Look at this essay this got 27/30 and I got into a lot more depth I know about the quotes but I focused on structure mainly then started to go onto quotes and need to finish it but I went into more detail in one of he quotes she used ?
TheAlchemistress
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Skkkk)
How that low my friend wrote something similar to me and got 27
U gotta be joking 😭
I’m basing it on A-level. Uh, now that you say that, maybe a 25, I am a bit harsh with marking, but that’s because you need more quotes and analysis and layers of interpretation.
Skkkk
Rep:
I’m basing it on A-level. Uh, now that you say that, maybe a 25, I am a bit harsh with marking, but that’s because you need more quotes and analysis and layers of interpretation.
Maybe a 25? Why not 27? Like that video 😭😢😢😢 why don’t I send u my full analysis essay Tommorow and u give a full mark AND DONT WORRY I WILL USE QUOTES I DIDNT GET ONTO THAY PART YET
DO U RECOMMEND ME DOING 6 paragraphs
SO ONE MORE LANGUAGE PARAGRAPH FOR TISSUE
And another paragraph and use quotes?
IS THE QUOTE I USED FOR LONDON AND ITS INTERPRETATION GOOD SO FAR?

And what texts did u study at GCSE I need a bit help on lit and massively on lang if u can help
Ur massively helping me out I really want an 8 so any tips
TheAlchemistress
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Skkkk)
Maybe a 25? Why not 27? Like that video 😭😢😢😢 why don’t I send u my full analysis essay Tommorow and u give a full mark AND DONT WORRY I WILL USE QUOTES I DIDNT GET ONTO THAY PART YET

And what texts did u study at GCSE I need a bit help on lit and massively on lang if u can help
Yeah sure I don’t mind, I don’t like language i hate it. I done time and place in the anthology, a Christmas carol, an inspector calls and Macbeth.
TheAlchemistress
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Skkkk)

What exam board are you doing?
TheAlchemistress
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Skkkk)

Do 5 paragraphs
An Introduction
1 paragraph for London saying why it is different
1 paragraph any differences in tissue and London
1 paragraph for tissue saying why it is different
1 paragraph stating the similarities, if they have any.
1 paragraph talking about the differences or similarities
Conclusion

Use at least 2 quotes in each paragraph. If it's the technique explain it in dept and what are the impacts. Talk about tone and atmosphere of poem. The interpretation is good for the quote, last paragraph.
Skkkk
Rep:
Yeah sure I don’t mind, I don’t like language i hate it. I done time and place in the anthology, a Christmas carol, an inspector calls and Macbeth.
How do u answer it
TheAlchemistress
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Skkkk)
How do u answer it
Answer what?
Skkkk
Rep:
Answer what?
How does dickens presents the fear of Scrooge
TheAlchemistress
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Skkkk)
How does dickens presents the fear of Scrooge
Can you give me some quotes to help you out?
Skkkk
Rep:
Can you give me some quotes to help you out?
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/att...4&d=1527167952
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (154)
41.62%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.65%
No (147)
39.73%

Watched Threads