The Student Room Group

Leaving secondary school

Some questions:
1. How do you all feel about leaving secondary school in less than 2 weeks?
2. What do you intend to do after secondary school?

1. It’s a bit nuts, never thought the day would come. I’m gonna miss a load of my friends/teachers so I think that’ll be hard.
2. I intend to go to college and study maths, further maths, sociology and politics

Scroll to see replies

1. Never really had friends. Didn't stay in the same school for 7 years straight. This decade has been ****ing atrocious. Just want to get my exams all done so I can start living.
2. Gonna do a higher apprenticeship or a degree one if I can.

Really wish I'd left school before doing A-Levels and went to college instead.
1. I’m going back to the same school for Sixth Form so nothing much changes for me there.
2. Over summer I’m going on holiday and that’s about it. I mentioned it in 1. but I’m going back for Sixth Form.
(edited 5 years ago)
feel emotional. ive been with the same people for 5 years. now we'res just going to drift away in different direction. i will still have contacts with close friends
Original post by Fovyqapu
1. Never really had friends. Didn't stay in the same school for 7 years straight. This decade has been ****ing atrocious. Just want to get my exams all done so I can start living.
2. Gonna do a higher apprenticeship or a degree one if I can.

Really wish I'd left school before doing A-Levels and went to college instead.

I’m sure things will pan out reet for you, best of luck in your exams, and hope your higher apprenticeship gives you some joy :smile:
Original post by pqndachan
1. I’m going back to the same school for Sixth Form so nothing much changes for me there.
2. Over summer I’m going on holiday and that’s about it. I mentioned it in 1. but I’m going back for Sixth Form.

Aw that’s cool, I hope you enjoy your time at your school’s sixth form :smile: any plans for after a levels?
Original post by anonymous69gcse
feel emotional. ive been with the same people for 5 years. now we'res just going to drift away in different direction. i will still have contacts with close friends

same tbh
no more pain and suffering for this exams.
Though going to miss all my teachers for their continued support.
After Secondary school I am hoping that i get in sixth form.
Original post by lydiarutharnold
Aw that’s cool, I hope you enjoy your time at your school’s sixth form :smile: any plans for after a levels?

Tbh, none. I have no clue what job or area that I want to go into so I just took broad-ish A-Levels so that I’d have some leeway if I decided on what I wanted to do.

I was thinking on taking a gap year (If I can even do that, I haven’t looked into it) and doing my own thing for a year. Other than that I guess I might work some or go to uni or something.
Original post by Midokul

best of luck my friend
1. Excited, if anything. Not gonna miss anything here. I've no friends in school so I'm actually looking forward to the uni I'm going to attend.
2. Mechanical engineering. The only thing that can be barely appealing to me. Physics, maths and chem.

Not to sound edgy or stupid or anything but the whole transition for me is just, meh.
Original post by Midokul

Tokyo Ghoul fan? Or are my anime detection skills failing me?
Reply 12
Don't have many friends and I don't know anyone well enough to say I will miss them. This disappoints me, however there's a sixth form in my school.
Original post by Sammy Ghost
1. Excited, if anything. Not gonna miss anything here. I've no friends in school so I'm actually looking forward to the uni I'm going to attend.
2. Mechanical engineering. The only thing that can be barely appealing to me. Physics, maths and chem.

Not to sound edgy or stupid or anything but the whole transition for me is just, meh.

oo fun times, i hope you enjoy mechanical engineering!
Original post by Your Local Cat
Don't have many friends and I don't know anyone well enough to say I will miss them. This disappoints me, however there's a sixth form in my school.

Hopefully sixth form will be better than secondary school 🤞🏻
For my a levels I’m staying at the same school, however, it’s going to be a big change as I know alot of my friends are leaving to go to other schools and colleges. I’m looking forward to what is to come in he future but also slightly nervous, I’m taking biology, chemistry and English language for my a levels.
Original post by Ell1e10
For my a levels I’m staying at the same school, however, it’s going to be a big change as I know alot of my friends are leaving to go to other schools and colleges. I’m looking forward to what is to come in he future but also slightly nervous, I’m taking biology, chemistry and English language for my a levels.

I’m sure you will do fine at your sixth form :smile: luckily you have the support of your current teachers who will no doubt help you through the stress of your A-levels
Reply 17
How do you enjoy your summer without worrying about your results....
Original post by pqndachan
Tokyo Ghoul fan? Or are my anime detection skills failing me?

Yeah Loved the first two seasons but the thirds season failed me as a whole.
Original post by Midokul
Yeah Loved the first two seasons but the thirds season failed me as a whole.

Personally not a big fan of the series as a whole tbh.

Quick Reply

Latest