Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    have you firmed liverpool or insuranced it? cause you dont get the email till you do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Botticello)
    when is the accomm application deadline?
    sorry for double post! its sometime august i think. They dont process accomodation applications for people with conitional offers until the people meet the conditions of the offer so until results day. so people with unconds are at an advantage cause they get there room offers now so are more likly to get their first choice.

ReputationRep:
    ahhh. If only I had an uncond! My friend has one, Im so jealous!

Also, what is it about people that gets them unconditionals, and others have to get the grades?

ReputationRep:
    This is really random but I've been thinking of asking Liv to defer my entry until 2009 and they have said that they will consider it if I send them a formal letter. I'm really not sure tho' because I was really up for doing a gap year about a week ago and now I'm not sure and I'm thinking that I shoulg go this year...I think its because I've seen all the excitement on sites like this and facebook. Basically I know I need to make the final decision but if anyone with some good advice/reasons to take a gap year/not to...I would really appreciate it.

Sorry for the ramble. x

ReputationRep:
    I rang them up to defer n they said it was fine. They askled me to send an emaill to Vivian Jump (the lady on the offer letter), saying you would like a gap year and a rough outline of what you wanted to do and its all sorted. Honestly they were totally ok about it. Ive always wanted to have a gap year; a year out of studying and il be a year older and wiser :-)
    If you plan it properly, all my friends who have had one said they felt more ready for uni after it.
    Hope that helps :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J_E_N_N_Y)
    have you firmed liverpool or insuranced it? cause you dont get the email till you do.

yeeeeh its my FIRM finally decided haaa
    i guess il get it soon !

ReputationRep:
    i think there were some people that didnt get the email so they just emailed them and they resent the email or gave them their login stuff over the phone.

what accom you going for then?

ReputationRep:
    ah ok il do that if i dont get it tomorrow
    ummm d&r ensuite catered as first then prob d&r ensuite self catered 2nd or maybe r&g catered ensuite !
    how about you?

ReputationRep:
    d and r SC ensuite then d and r SC anf then r and c SC

i dont want catered. I have had too many years of cafertria food and there are too many days when i dont like anything. stupid fussy eater me. like today. salmon somehting, lamb something, vegetable stuff with corgettes in it. i dont like salmon lamb or corgettes so i just went hungry lol. well actually i just went down tesco but yh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tango Tango)
    I rang them up to defer n they said it was fine. They askled me to send an emaill to Vivian Jump (the lady on the offer letter), saying you would like a gap year and a rough outline of what you wanted to do and its all sorted. Honestly they were totally ok about it. Ive always wanted to have a gap year; a year out of studying and il be a year older and wiser :-)
    If you plan it properly, all my friends who have had one said they felt more ready for uni after it.
    Hope that helps :-)
    You are a STAR-great advice! I've been really confused about what to do but I think I've finally made up me mind. I want to do a gap year so all I need to do is write the letter! Sue Dawson emailed me back saying I need to write a letter but what do you think-do you think I should ring them instead? xxx

ReputationRep:
    I rang up and i was told to send an email, its much quicker :-)
    I think email would be fine, just quote ur UCAS number etc n tell them what ur rough plans are. Mine was like 10 lines tops.
    Hope they let you! Then i wont be the only one!
    xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tango Tango)
    I rang up and i was told to send an email, its much quicker :-)
    I think email would be fine, just quote ur UCAS number etc n tell them what ur rough plans are. Mine was like 10 lines tops.
    Hope they let you! Then i wont be the only one!
    xx
    I've wrote to them as I thought I'd better do what they told me to! Just waiting for a reply now.... fingers crossed they say yes!!

Nic x x x x

ReputationRep:
    anyone going to the open day at the end of june??

ReputationRep:
    Not me, seen it before I picked D&R, catered, and catered and ensuite, R&G ensuite catered and just catered.

ReputationRep:
    They said yes to the gap year btw...yay!!! Now I must revise! My school's disabled all our printing cards though!!!! *goes to revise physics*

ReputationRep:
    Oooo random....but what sort of fun-filled interesting job can I do for part of my gap year? Anything veterinary associated?? Thanks and sorry for the double post!! xxxx

ReputationRep:
    Hmm don't know about 'job' but I wanted to go out to Africa and work in one of the game parks/with one of the vets. I love Africa

ReputationRep:
    Daamn i love how this group has just totally died out!! :P:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 26, 2008

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of Gloucestershire
    School of Education Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.