Waistcoats Watch

dinkymints
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Are these still in fashion? I bought one at Xmas and still haven't worn it coz I don't know what to wear under it! Any ideas what sort of tops (what sleeves/necklines etc) look good under them, other than shirts?
Hanzing
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I personally think they look good over simple vests Or for a more casual looks over round neck T-shirts.
watermelon sugar
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
casual jersey dresses. mmmm
what's the fabric/cut of it?
SoulCatcher
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
Waistcoats are definately in!

A plain t-shirt (round neck i think looks best) nothing patterned or too fancy. And jeans for that really causal yet smart look.
dinkymints
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
It's this one:

http://www.newlook.co.uk/women/jacke...language=en-GB

although I bought it before it was reduced to £5. grr annoying. lol
dancingqueen
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've worn mine with sleeveless tops, with a bit of detail (such as lace) peeking out over the waistcoat.
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I wear mine with everything - long sleeved t-shirt, 3 quarter length t-shirt, short sleeved t-shirts, tunics, etc etc.
J9127
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yeah, i have one that i wear with a long sleeve, low cut black top, and like shorts or jeans. It depends what u wear them with, but theres like loads in the shops, so i reckon they are still in.
Lord Hysteria
Badges: 16
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SoulCatcher)
Waistcoats are definately in!
oh yes ...
I have a great black one with silky deisgns and a really awesome silky white shirt.
They go so well and make me look hot, so it has been said!
*Star*Guitar*
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I wear mine with nothing underneath! But only when its for something like The Warehouse Project.:cool:

Otherwise, I tone it down with t-shirts, shirts with a bit of frill, or ones with a bold image on the front (like a rolling stones one)
watermelon sugar
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
that's not bad for a fiver. i want a similar one from lindex, but delivery to england? ):
you could wear that with basically anything that isn't black and it would be cute! no shirts though, you'll look like a waiter
Hanzing
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Mmm There is a great waistcoat /dress combo in the new look window at the mo on our highstreet. Its really pretty I just want to go buy the set!
yeahyeahyeahs
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I wear waistcoats with dresses.
glassheart
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They still be in where chain stores are concerned (ie. they hold onto fads like this longest) but I think you'll find they are on their way out.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've been after some specific waistcoats - for cards and pool, specially made. Saw someone have one of backgammon years ago at Alexandra Palace in a tournament I participated in. Looked on eBay but they're not good enough.
TurboShrimp
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've just bought a waistcoat and plan to wear it over pretty dresses, i think its a nice contrast of something typically girly with something influenced by men's formalwear
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by glassheart)
They still be in where chain stores are concerned (ie. they hold onto fads like this longest) but I think you'll find they are on their way out.
Waistcoats are a wardrobe staple my dear! They'll never go out of fashion, because they're a classic.
glassheart
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
Waistcoats are a wardrobe staple my dear! They'll never go out of fashion, because they're a classic.
Maybe in your opinion, but if your talking mainstream, then your talking twoddle, my dear.

Wasitcoats, like many other items of clothing go in and out of fashion. It is not a 'classic'. A classis is something like;

A bootcut pair of jeans (pretty much always 'in style' but never considered edgy, or particually trendy)

A classic handbag in black/tan/beige. This can be used time and time again, and will never age.
8EnglishRoses
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I love wearing mine over casual t-shirt dresses, they draw in the waist a bit more and helps to liven up an otherwise boring piece.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (149)
27.85%
No (386)
72.15%

Watched Threads