The Student Room Group

Studying Triple Science in 3 months??

Hey this may take a little while to explain but just bear with me.

So in year 9 when we began our GCSE's, we were told that we were going to do triple science. However, in mid year 9 they decided to change our triple science to double science. We didn't really think it mattered too much, and the school didn't seem bothered about it either.
But, as we are now going forward to Year 11 with a lot of emphasis on our GCSE's, we have realised that we will only be getting 10 GCSE's instead of 11.
I realise this is partly my fault as i should have questioned the school about this a lot sooner, but my question now is... do you reckon i could study triple science from now to the start of the new term in September and get a pretty stable idea of triple science?
I would really like to do chemistry and biology for A-Level,(and hopefully get A's) and some people said that A-Level science is difficult if you have done double science as you have only covered 2/3 of it.
i would also like to get into medical school and having double science and only 10 GCSE's doesn't look that great on an application form :/
If anyone has any advice for me i would really appreciate it!
Reply 1
I would say that is not all entirely true, the content you do at gcse is nothing compared to a level, either triple or double are basically going into a level in the same boat. You could pretty much forget all the gcse content and still do a level as most of the stuff you learn in gcse is wrong in a level anyway. I only did double science and took a level chemistry and biology and I have done a lot better than some triple people. I hoped that helped a bit.
Reply 2
Original post by chloe-taylorxxx
Hey this may take a little while to explain but just bear with me.

So in year 9 when we began our GCSE's, we were told that we were going to do triple science. However, in mid year 9 they decided to change our triple science to double science. We didn't really think it mattered too much, and the school didn't seem bothered about it either.
But, as we are now going forward to Year 11 with a lot of emphasis on our GCSE's, we have realised that we will only be getting 10 GCSE's instead of 11.
I realise this is partly my fault as i should have questioned the school about this a lot sooner, but my question now is... do you reckon i could study triple science from now to the start of the new term in September and get a pretty stable idea of triple science?
I would really like to do chemistry and biology for A-Level,(and hopefully get A's) and some people said that A-Level science is difficult if you have done double science as you have only covered 2/3 of it.
i would also like to get into medical school and having double science and only 10 GCSE's doesn't look that great on an application form :/
If anyone has any advice for me i would really appreciate it!

A level sciences= maths

Quick Reply

Latest