Will I get zero on the whole question if I make only one mistake?

Watch this thread
Maluma
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
In a level chemistry paper2 and 3, there are questions on moles calculation. One question on moles may have many parts. If I make a mistake in one part and use this wrong answer to do other calculations will I be penalised even if my method for the calculations are correct?
Magdatrix >_<
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Usually you get some marks for working out, and some marks for the answer.

If the next part of the question relies on your answer to a previous part, and you got that wrong, it's called a " carry through" error - you get marks if your next answer is right based on the values used.
Interea
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Most exams will have error carried forward marks to ensure you aren’t too heavily penalised for one mistake (so you get credit for correct method after one error). Check on some mark schemes for your specific exam board/paper to be certain
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (18)
21.69%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
13.25%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
4.82%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (14)
16.87%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (17)
20.48%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
22.89%

Watched Threads