Acadmic Burn Out Watch

Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
This condition is called Senioritis by the Yanks anyway.

I currently have an acute case of it, and cannot wait to be cured, but hopefully without contracting any long lasting effects (eg **** grades)
kazss11
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Total honestly I have never felt acedemic burn out,
Which is really bad because at GCSE I passed all of them but didnt try,
AS Levels i got ok grades A B D which im looking to improve this year, so I guess by the end of my exams I may be able to relate to academic burn out slightly as ive never been more determind in my life to get straight A's in the summer so im working over over over time for my grades.

But just keep going and relax in the summer.

Peace
Glutamic Acid
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
I haven't really started yet. If I did, I know I'd be fed up of revising a few weeks before the exams. I'm intending to have some very intensive revision as I'm going to aim for 290+ in all subjects.
Dionysus
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I was like this when I was at College. By the end of your first semester at Uni, you'll have got it back. A Levels suck, just get on with them and do your best, and remember better things are to come. If you really feel depressed at the thought of academia, consider a gap year.
JoMo1
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
thankfully I'm taking Maths, F. Maths and Physics as the things I need to get my A's in, and I can quite easily motivate myself to do the hard therefore fun maths work, and physics is easy. But I basically have just given up doing work, I mean what's the point half of the time?
coolguy456
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The fact that I only need D's in june to get A's overall really doesn’t help. I wish my teachers would just piss of setting me work so I don't disappoint them when I don't give it in! I also wish the common room sofas weren’t so good to sleep on, that often leaves you vulnerable to pranks though! I think you are right Democracy, I definitely have senioritis. cba tbh
Barry Scott
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have exactly the same thing. I kind of pulled myself out of it last week when I realised I needed to write my Personal Study for next thursday. I've done it now and it feels really good; its picked me up out my rut.
lemily
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I remember the burn out....push through it! Make the most of time off. By this I mean set aside a day or a couple of evenings where you don't even bother with books and study and do something fun! I found it better to get out of the house and do either outdoors stuff (took the dog for walks and a stress relieving ciggie. its all right, I've quit now and I don't suggest this as a tried and tested method) or go bowling or something. To feel I had really done something other than sitting in my room feeling like I'm wasting time not doing work. Have naps when you feel tired. Take your work to a new location, like a uni library, made me get loads more done. Its easy to get distracted at home. Oh, and I gave up doing homework. Coursework and revision all the way, but no homework.
jkyng1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
me too. i worked hard since sept of year 12 and during the holidays and now i finally realise i need a break. i'm predicted AAAA and i need to get C-Es in my exams in June. so i'm less motivated now. but actually i'm quite behind in everything...so i guess a week of mad fun for easter then i have to start some revision...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (238)
27.23%
No (636)
72.77%

Watched Threads