The Student Room Group

how the universe was created

Scientists say the big bang (which i agree with) but how did the big bang happen? Where did all the particles come from? Everything has to have a start, but what was there before the big bang? Nothing? (if so how is "nothing" defined.

Scroll to see replies

god
Reply 2
Original post by desert_fairy
god
If God did exist, then where did God start?
Reply 3
Original post by venatici
Scientists say the big bang (which i agree with) but how did the big bang happen? Where did all the particles come from? Everything has to have a start, but what was there before the big bang? Nothing? (if so how is "nothing" defined.

I don't think the word "nothing" eliminates the factors that created the Big Bang. I would think that particles etc would be excluded from being encompassed within the term.
If God did exist, then where did God start?

Hey. As a muslim i could tell you what we believe and how its actually consistent with science. The Big Bang is a possible thoery. only theory remember. But obv we belive in Allah (our God) who is the only one, has no companions, doesnt need to eat drink sleep. he knows everything and is all hearing too. he made us so that he could test us. not only that but our purpose in this life is to worship Him and Him alone. im not saying that our religion prevents us from focusing on worldy matters but the main purpose is to worship Allah and remmeber him becaue he created u and so he can take ur life away too whenver he wants, he has tested both the poor nd the wealthy. no one is free from a test. what makes humans special is that He gave us free will. and that means whatever we do is our fault not his so we cant blame him. he revealed the Holy Quran and its relevations to our prophets which has all the answers in it honeslty.

I have something for u to try. Ask yourself the question. u must do this with ur heart with full awareness of yourself. try to b alone when ur doingt his so free urself from any distraction. get hold of a Quran. ask any question any! sincerely tho. and open it to any page. the first thing that u see, you must read it! it will surely give the answer u want. I hope this kinda helped..
but to answer ur original q. No one created Allah. He is self-sufficient and was here before anyone or anything and will continue to be with us eternally. if God was created though as u ask, wouldn't that make god seem greatly flawed. when god should not b flawed otherwise that's just not a god. deosnt make any sense. think about it.
Reply 6
Original post by subhastar
but to answer ur original q. No one created Allah. He is self-sufficient and was here before anyone or anything and will continue to be with us eternally. if God was created though as u ask, wouldn't that make god seem greatly flawed. when god should not b flawed otherwise that's just not a god. deosnt make any sense. think about it.

But how could God have been here forever, given everything has a start. What was here before God?
Reply 7

Some physicists believe that nothing in the philosophical sense of the word simply isn't a possible state of affairs as, due to the laws of quantum mechanics, something will always exist, even if for a very short time. What we view as the "empty" vacuum of space is actually a space filled with quantum fluctuations, in which particles pop into and out of existence.

Our universe happens to be exactly the universe it would have to be if our universe did come from "nothing": according to recent discoveries, it's flat, meaning that the ratio of mass to negative gravitational potential energy in the universe is almost, or even, zero. According to the energy-time variant of Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle, this in turn means that a quantum fluctuation which started off our universe would be very long-lasting, as the less energy a quantum particle has, the more time it exists for.

You ask what the origins of this "something" would be, but why does there have to be an origin in the first place? There could be an eternal quantum vacuum or multiverse which didn't originate - it simply exists. Or, our universe could be cyclic, although the Big Bounce hypothesis, which posits eternal Big Bangs without a multiverse, does appear to be disproven as our universe is flat, not closed. Nevertheless, Neil Turok and Paul Steinhardt have an eternal brane hypothesis, linked to M-theory, in which it is the eternal collisions and contractions of branes which result in universes being created.

Invoking an eternal quantum vacuum or multiverse is still speculative, of course, but at least it abides by the known laws of physics and has some scientific plausibility: invoking an eternal Creator God does not, and a Creator God is not required when an eternal "something" is invoked. The best we can do is admit we don't know, withhold judgment, and continue scientific research into this area. As Isaac Asimov once said: "To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and remains premature today".
(edited 5 years ago)
But how could God have been here forever, given everything has a start. What was here before God?

The point is that God doesn't have a start because he's an infinite eternal being. There is no start or end. Which sort of makes sense, if you believe that he created time then he wouldn't be subjected to its whims.

I'm not religious myself but "What created god???" isn't really an argument when looking purely at causation based arguments. "Everything has a start" we know applies to the universe, but we don't know anything outside of our universe so there's not a lot of reason to suggest that the exact same rules would apply to any God(s).
Reply 9
We're characters in a game so the first thing to ever happen was some nerd coded us

Things happen in cycles of development and decay. Stephen Hawkings can explain this so much better than me, but I'll try...

In the beginning the universe came into being from the Big Bang. The Big Bang came into being from the destruction of the universe /galaxy when a star dies, converts into a Black Hole and sucks in all the planets and pretty much everything else into its event horizon. At some point the Black Hole gets so obese from all the stuff in the universe it consumes and goes burp and collapses into itself. The collapsing goes on and on until what's left of the Black Hole and everything it's eaten gets so tiny it can't get any smaller. A kind of chain reaction starts (AKA Big Bang) and all matter gets pushed outwards and generates the energy to create a new universe /galaxy.

Our own galaxy has a couple of Black Holes, luckily too far away to suck up planet Earth. But what if a few planets should all into these Black Holes and they grow bigger.....DUN DUN DUN.....:eek:

it's all fake
Reply 12
Theres no point attempting to solve unsolvable questions, all you can do is speculate.
Original post by Future-Barista
Theres no point attempting to solve unsolvable questions, all you can do is speculate.

True. There is no point worrying about it. The purpose of life is to enjoy it and pass on ur DNA (you know how)

I found something from someone intellectual that is thought provoking. also ask yourself y that question is even relevant despite me telling u that the human mind has limited capacity. but anyways...

God created everything, including human beings. Because you were in fact created at one specific second, at a specific minute, of a specific day, than you know absolutely nothing that came before that second you were created. So, your mind has a conception of the world around you: "Everything has a beginning, like I have a beginning." And, that is a state of mind that every creature in this world has. Because they were created they have difficulty imagining a creature that doesn't have a "beginning".
In fact, we define our world by time, start, and finish, beginning, and end. But, understand that God, because he is the creator of everything, also created time. The very nature we have to begin, or to end, only exists because God created the concept. Before God created it, the concept of "beginning" never existed. The idea of a "beginning to everything" is something that only exists in your mind because you were created with a beginning! But, that doesn't mean that that is the truth of God, because before he created time beginnings and endings did not exist.
(edited 5 years ago)
I can also back myself up with this compelling evidence. something that u just couldn't imagine would appear in the quran or the religion itself but here it is

According to the most developed arguments of Islamic philosophy:

Premise 1: Allah is the most perfect and highest existence imaginable.

Premise 2: Therefore nothing better, superior or higher than Him in any respect can actually exist.

Conclusion: Therefore the existence of a higher being than Allah that created Him is an impossibility.

This also implies that Allah is completely independent, needless and self-sovereign in every respect. This is alluded to in the second verse of Surat al-Ikhlas:
Allah is samad (112:2)
Samad means something that has no need and dependency while needed by and depended upon by everything else.
Reply 17
Original post by subhastar
I can also back myself up with this compelling evidence. something that u just couldn't imagine would appear in the quran or the religion itself but here it is

According to the most developed arguments of Islamic philosophy:

Premise 1: Allah is the most perfect and highest existence imaginable.

Premise 2: Therefore nothing better, superior or higher than Him in any respect can actually exist.

Conclusion: Therefore the existence of a higher being than Allah that created Him is an impossibility.

This also implies that Allah is completely independent, needless and self-sovereign in every respect. This is alluded to in the second verse of Surat al-Ikhlas:
Allah is samad (112:2)
Samad means something that has no need and dependency while needed by and depended upon by everything else.

Why can't the universe be self-sufficient rather than god wouldn't this be more logical, as the existence of an all-knowing and powerful God would be far more improbable
Original post by 1-9-9-9
Why can't the universe be self-sufficient rather than god wouldn't this be more logical, as the existence of an all-knowing and powerful God would be far more improbable

Ok. so based on the point that you've just made. the question that should b asked is, why did this universe have to even come into existence in the first place. r u saying that this universe came into a perfect order without any reason. what if the big bang didn't occur, then would this world not have existed?ask yourself, do u really think u came here for no reason. u have no purpose? and that u merely existed by chance? this world existed by chance alone. that doesn't make any logical sense. just think about it more deeply. forget about god for a second. u think this that the universe being self-sufficient is a logical explanation? your point is weak. you haven't even backed it up.
also you cannot prove that god doesn't exist. however there are many many hadith and verses in the quran that consist of both spiritual and scientific knowledge which was revealed over 1400 yrs ago. i think you need to do your reading and research thoroughly on religion as a whole. i would suggest studying the Abrahamic religions first because they are much much more logical. Although i do respect those who aren't from an abrahamic religion. I'm a muslim and i'm firm with my beliefs because it has been backed up science in many places in the quran which haven't been mentioned in any other holy book from any other religion.
so my point is..read and analyse thoroughly. u need to give every religion a chance and not just throw around weak logics. im just giving u advice btw u can do what u want obv that's up to u, and how desperate u r for answers

God farted.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending