MSB02
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'm doing my 5th year GCSE exams and my music exams are on Wednesday. What does everyone think of the subject/does anyone have any experience of it at A level?
Toastiekid
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MSB02)
I'm doing my 5th year GCSE exams and my music exams are on Wednesday. What does everyone think of the subject/does anyone have any experience of it at A level?
I do it:thumbsup: I like the practical element and learning about the set works but I don’t really lie the rest:yawn:, not planning on doing it next year
What do you think of it?
MSB02
Rep:
?
(Original post by Toastiekid)
I do it:thumbsup: I like the practical element and learning about the set works but I don’t really lie the rest:yawn:, not planning on doing it next year
What do you think of it?
I like playing things but I've been playing the same grade 5 piano piece for two years now. learnings fun enough with a small class but the composition stressed me out like hell. I did one of my compositions in about 3 hours the day before the due date with a. lot of teacher help.
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MSB02)
I like playing things but I've been playing the same grade 5 piano piece for two years now. learnings fun enough with a small class but the composition stressed me out like hell. I did one of my compositions in about 3 hours the day before the due date with a. lot of teacher help.
ouch that sucks, I remember my teacher made me relearn an old exam piece for my solo piece which was really boring:rant:
yeah we’ve got a small class too so there’s a lot of banter:lol:
ugh yeah the composition bit was hell, we had a ten hour controlled assessment for it which drove me insane and every time I got it how I liked it my teacher would tell me something was wrong (e.g: I didn't notice that I’d changed time signatures in the middle so had to rewrite half of it:sadnod:)
excited for Wednesday?
MSB02
Rep:
?
ouch that sucks, I remember my teacher made me relearn an old exam piece for my solo piece which was really boring:rant:
yeah we’ve got a small class too so there’s a lot of banter:lol:
ugh yeah the composition bit was hell, we had a ten hour controlled assessment for it which drove me insane and every time I got it how I liked it my teacher would tell me something was wrong (e.g: I didn't notice that I’d changed time signatures in the middle so had to rewrite half of it:sadnod:)
excited for Wednesday?
oh yeah, I'm just buzzin! 😂 I haven't revised much for it, I don't really know the set pieces but the practice papers in class have been decent so I think I'll be alright. our class average is about mid 70s%. I think I accidentally changed key in mine a few times and I always ended up hating what I'd made after a certain amount of time
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MSB02)
oh yeah, I'm just buzzin! 😂 I haven't revised much for it, I don't really know the set pieces but the practice papers in class have been decent so I think I'll be alright. our class average is about mid 70s%. I think I accidentally changed key in mine a few times and I always ended up hating what I'd made after a certain amount of time
:ahhhhh:
I’m going over the set works now:lol: I know I can’t wing music (or I genuinely will fail)
We didn’t get given back our December mocks so I’ve got no idea how I’ve done:dontknow: but we’re doing a mock paper tomorrow and on the day of exam (I still have to go to school every day)
saME:yep:
MSB02
Rep:
?
:ahhhhh:
I’m going over the set works now:lol: I know I can’t wing music (or I genuinely will fail)
We didn’t get given back our December mocks so I’ve got no idea how I’ve done:dontknow: but we’re doing a mock paper tomorrow and on the day of exam (I still have to go to school every day)
saME:yep:
oh no, that sucks! I've had to go in for revision classes but the last one I was at there were 3 people! I think I got low 70s in my mock and mocks are always harder. I think you'll do fine! what's your favourite set work?
SamMed
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I do music as well. Don't know what the set pieces are, I must be doing a different exam board. Have you been told your marks for your performances and compositions?
MSB02
Rep:
?
(Original post by SamMed)
I do music as well. Don't know what the set pieces are, I must be doing a different exam board. Have you been told your marks for your performances and compositions?
No I don't think so. we're being moderated for CCEA and all that so I don't think we'll find out until we get all our results :/
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MSB02)
oh no, that sucks! I've had to go in for revision classes but the last one I was at there were 3 people! I think I got low 70s in my mock and mocks are always harder. I think you'll do fine! what's your favourite set work?
:dontknow: I guess it means I get forced to do stuff (and I get to have all the banter with my friends and teachers:lol:)
oh:giggle: we have to go or else:rip: and sometimes we’re in groups of 60 (ew)
That’s brilliant:hugs: and hopefully:eek3:
that’s a hard question, probably the pathétique because I found this rock version (by Woolf Hoffmann) which I really like. What’s yours?
MSB02
Rep:
?
:dontknow: I guess it means I get forced to do stuff (and I get to have all the banter with my friends and teachers:lol:)
oh:giggle: we have to go or else:rip: and sometimes we’re in groups of 60 (ew)
That’s brilliant:hugs: and hopefully:eek3:
that’s a hard question, probably the pathétique because I found this rock version (by Woolf Hoffmann) which I really like. What’s yours?
Ew, big groups! I think we do different set works cus I've never heard of that! :/ I do like Run by Snow Patrol tho! I actually prefer the unseen questions cus it's always the same few, Feeling good, Anthem from Chess, MCM celebration, Goldfinger. My favourite is Anthem, Josh Groban has an amazing voice!
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MSB02)
Ew, big groups! I think we do different set works cus I've never heard of that! :/ I do like Run by Snow Patrol tho! I actually prefer the unseen questions cus it's always the same few, Feeling good, Anthem from Chess, MCM celebration, Goldfinger. My favourite is Anthem, Josh Groban has an amazing voice!
Yeah:sadnod:
I’m on edexcel:lol: assuming you’re another exam board? snow patrol would be so good:heart: wishing I was doing your one:lol:
MSB02
Rep:
?
Yeah:sadnod:
I’m on edexcel:lol: assuming you’re another exam board? snow patrol would be so good:heart: wishing I was doing your one:lol:
Yup, CCEA all the way :/ Can't say that the other set pieces are as good though
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MSB02)
Yup, CCEA all the way :/ Can't say that the other set pieces are as good though
ahhh that makes sense
oh well, you’ll be done with them this time on Wednesday:woo:
MSB02
Rep:
?
ahhh that makes sense
oh well, you’ll be done with them this time on Wednesday:woo:
until next year when I might do a level music :/ but until then, no more set pieces!
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MSB02)
until next year when I might do a level music :/ but until then, no more set pieces!
wow I’ve got respect:woo: I could never
What else are you planning to do?
MSB02
Rep:
?
wow I’ve got respect:woo: I could never
What else are you planning to do?
ICT and maybe maths if I can do well enough. I was gonna do physics but it's in the same block as ICT and geography which was my backup
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MSB02)
ICT and maybe maths if I can do well enough. I was gonna do physics but it's in the same block as ICT and geography which was my backup
That’s a nice mix:thumbsup:
oh that’s annoying:rant:
MSB02
Rep:
?
That’s a nice mix:thumbsup:
oh that’s annoying:rant:
yeah, i have no idea what to do if I don't get maths though which is likely. :/ ah wellll
Toastiekid
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by MSB02)
yeah, i have no idea what to do if I don't get maths though which is likely. :/ ah wellll
I’m sure you can, you’ve still got paper 2 and 3 to improve on:hugs:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (213)
43.92%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (56)
11.55%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (36)
7.42%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (103)
21.24%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (50)
10.31%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.57%

Watched Threads