Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Seems people reeeeally have a dislike my car.

I was broken into last night ;dry; The thief smashed my passenger window...and stole my ipod (my retro 'mini' lol, with a huge dent in it :/) and my sat nav, and my purse that i happened to have accidently left in the glove box (my purse only had like 2 quid in it though, being a poor student and all, so jokes on them!....kinda).

*******s.

Meh...share your stories, give me sympathy, whatevverrr

ReputationRep:
    ;console;

ReputationRep:
    You claiming on insurance?

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, did it happen in the middle of the night? To be honest though i wouldn't leave anything of value in my car when i'm not in it, i take my ipod and stereo fascia out every time i leave the car, and i would never leave my purse in there.

ReputationRep:
    yeah ^ I never usually leave my purse in there (but the one night i do :rolleyes: ) as for sat nav i always take the cradle off the window. They left all my CDs and my stereo though :yy: which was nice of them

thanks Rubix

aye..£70 excess to have the window fixed, but doesn't affect no claims bonus. Autoglass are coming to fix it on Sunday...It's now got some lovely clear plastic sheeting and gaffa tape 'securing it' atm.

ReputationRep:
    Leaving all that in your car at night is just a little stupid.

ReputationRep:
    when nothing's on show..? for all the thieves knew, my car could have been empty...surely it's just unfortunate. I know it's my own fault about my possessions because I left them in there, but I'm more annoyed about the damage to my car...

ReputationRep:
    I'd be more annoyed at losing my sat nav and iPod. That's gonna cost more to replace than the window. Doesn't matter if it's on show or not, by leaving it in there it's cost you more

ReputationRep:
    I had two windows smashed a while back, but luckily the car was deadlocked so they couldn't open the doors and nothing of any value was in the glovebox. For that reason I now often leave stuff tucked under the seats if I have to leave it in the car. The most annoying bit was one of the windows they broke was the rear quarterlight - it's not even near the lock!

ReputationRep:
    I like the frosting effect on the window.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Solitary Reaper)
    I like the frosting effect on the window.
    A Tad out of Order.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubix)
    A Tad out of Order.
    It was a Joke. I fail to see how You think a 'Smilie' should serve any better Purpose. I very much doubt Squeak took offense, and if She did, that is a Shame.

ps. why do you type like that?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh poor you i would hate that! And coming from the iom i would probably leave all that and more in my car (you can leave cars unlocked and everything here)... Yeh i don't know how i'll handle uni!

ReputationRep:
    It was a Joke. I fail to see how You think a 'Smilie' should serve any better Purpose. I very much doubt Squeak took offense, and if She did, that is a Shame.

ps. why do you type like that?
    Because I like to put Emphasis on certain words.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rubix)
    Because I like to put Emphasis on certain words.
    It's not emphasis, you're just incorrectly capitalising a lot of nouns. Italics and bold and CAPITAL LETTERS emphasise things.

Anyway, squeak, I apologise if my quip is at all badly received, I was trying only to lighten the mood.

ReputationRep:
    It's not emphasis, you're just incorrectly capitalising a lot of nouns. Italics and bold and CAPITAL LETTERS emphasise things.

Anyway, squeak, I apologise if my quip is at all badly received, I was trying only to lighten the mood.
    I dont particularly care for punctuation or grammar.

I will capitalise as I please

ReputationRep:
    Where the hell do you live!!?

The police must be right crap!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gbduo)
    Where the hell do you live!!?

The police must be right crap!
    lol I usually live in Rusholme (in a secure car park), but the scratches, and this break in happened in West Didsbury -which is meant to be a nice part of Manchester!

EDIT: I don't live in a car park :p: but it's where my car is kept lol

ReputationRep:
    Aww, thats so annoying.
    A woman crashed into my car and I think its gonna be written off. Im so sad!

Definitely leave stuff under the seats or the boot. Even if its not on show you never know what's gonna happen and they are less likely to going searching under the seats.

If someone broke into my car (pre crash) they would of just found a lot of very old comfy shoes I wear to drive and somehow build up being in my car. Not very appealing!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh I'm sorry to hear that, how rubbish! Someone told me whenever you use a satnav, always wipe the glass where you attach the cradle after, as often theieves will see the circle mark that the sucky bit makes and assume you'll have left it in your car. You can get little sponges that wipe all smears off the glass, might be an idea to do it in future, although it sounds as if you were just unlucky this time.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.