The Student Room Group

Which celebrity death affected you the most?

Personally I was sad at Christina Grimmie's death, Prince, Stephen Hawking, Alan Rickman and Elisabeth Sladen.

Scroll to see replies

august ames
Muhammed Ali & Chester Bennington
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 3
Alan Rickman :cry2:
Harambe

:emo:
None of them, apart from thinking 'that's sad' i dont get upset over celebrity deaths.
Reply 6
Stephen Hawking was actually the one that surprised me the most. That was pretty strange news to wake up to. You wouldn't think it, given that he was 76 and hadn't been mobile for fifty years but still...
was just going to say stephen hawking as well, sort of forgot he wasn't immortal
Original post by Sinnoh
Stephen Hawking was actually the one that surprised me the most. That was pretty strange news to wake up to. You wouldn't think it, given that he was 76 and hadn't been mobile for fifty years but still...

he was one of those people I could point to and be like "he's gone through all this crap and he's STILL going"

I guess we should be grateful that he lived as long as he did though considering he was expected to die earlier.
Michael Jackson - that's the first and last time I cried over a celebrity
Original post by CoolCavy
None of them, apart from thinking 'that's sad' i dont get upset over celebrity deaths.

That's makes a lot of sense, considering you don't really know celebrities.

Idek myself why I feel so connected to these people.
Lemmy. His death resulted in me picking up the guitar for the first time in three years - now I'm a pretty reasonable metal rhythm player
Original post by AnimeCatsMemes
Michael Jackson - that's the first and last time I cried over a celebrity

I only really appreciated Michael after his death when I really started taking in some of his songs. That's when I started becoming sad about his loss. I think the way he died is also really sad. I feel sorry for his children, especially Paris.
Steven Hawking.
Reply 14
robin williams
Original post by billie mercury
I only really appreciated Michael after his death when I really started taking in some of his songs. That's when I started becoming sad about his loss. I think the way he died is also really sad. I feel sorry for his children, especially Paris.

I completely agree and I can relate. I decided to read his biography afterwards and found he had a very difficult and sad childhood. He had always been innocent and was truly an amazing person.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Lemmy. His death resulted in me picking up the guitar for the first time in three years - now I'm a pretty reasonable metal rhythm player

hence the username?
Original post by billie mercury
hence the username?

No - I've had the username well before that. Username is an old punk band from Norn Iron
alan rickman cuz harry potter
Reply 19
Ah f*ck I forgot Leonard Cohen!

Quick Reply

Latest