Skkkk
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I’m in year ten and got predictions
In year 11 will they change depending on our mocks
How can I do well in science to boost my grade?
What can I do for English
trinau
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
For science, make posters! Because there is a fair amount of content to learn for all of them and be sure to know your required practicals, because there might be six mark questions on those. After you learn your content, buy some workbooks and/or practise some questions. Once you get the hang of the many types of questions they’ll ask, you’ll be much more comfortable. Do your work in small chunks - do not cram for tests the night before! So simply do 20 minutes or so of past paper questions a day. What I do ( you don’t have to do it but I do it because I’m extra) is do some basic questions on Flashcards, for example the structure of an alkane, or alcohol. It helps get basic knowledge into my brain - which can be adapted for most questions. Message me if you want some past paper questions (My school has a google drive of them)
As for English, it depends, is it Language or Literature?
Skkkk
Rep:
?
(Original post by trinau)
For science, make posters! Because there is a fair amount of content to learn for all of them and be sure to know your required practicals, because there might be six mark questions on those. After you learn your content, buy some workbooks and/or practise some questions. Once you get the hang of the many types of questions they’ll ask, you’ll be much more comfortable. Do your work in small chunks - do not cram for tests the night before! So simply do 20 minutes or so of past paper questions a day. What I do ( you don’t have to do it but I do it because I’m extra) is do some basic questions on Flashcards, for example the structure of an alkane, or alcohol. It helps get basic knowledge into my brain - which can be adapted for most questions. Message me if you want some past paper questions (My school has a google drive of them)
As for English, it depends, is it Language or Literature?
Can u send me the last paper question please
Lang and lit
trinau
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Skkkk)
Can u send me the last paper question please
Lang and lit
Message me, and I will!
Language;
Practise some questions, and look online for sample answers so you can try adapt your answers to other answers that are A/A* worthy. YouTube channels such as MRBRUFF and MR SALLES go through questions like creative writing - and english literature.
English Literature;
But revision guides for YorkNotes- they have the best stuff. Use Flashcards to write down quotes for key themes and characters and context too. Test yourself - if you can’t be asked to do this, try quizlet. Go easy, and practise questions using only 1 or 2 paragraphs, don’t do a whole essay. Get your teacher to mark it so you know what to improve on. Also, get sticky notes and stick quotes of Macbeth around your room - it helps jog the memory and you can revise doing anything really.
Skkkk
Rep:
?
(Original post by trinau)
Message me, and I will!
Language;
Practise some questions, and look online for sample answers so you can try adapt your answers to other answers that are A/A* worthy. YouTube channels such as MRBRUFF and MR SALLES go through questions like creative writing - and english literature.
English Literature;
But revision guides for YorkNotes- they have the best stuff. Use Flashcards to write down quotes for key themes and characters and context too. Test yourself - if you can’t be asked to do this, try quizlet. Go easy, and practise questions using only 1 or 2 paragraphs, don’t do a whole essay. Get your teacher to mark it so you know what to improve on. Also, get sticky notes and stick quotes of Macbeth around your room - it helps jog the memory and you can revise doing anything really.
Shall I private message u for the paper
And my teacher has given me a prediction of a 7 even though I have done better that some people and got an 8
If I work really hard for scince in year 11 mock and do really well hopefully will they put my prediction up before went to college
What grades u working at
I’m so geography aswell
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (63)
37.06%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (18)
10.59%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (10)
5.88%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (40)
23.53%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (24)
14.12%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (15)
8.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed