Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HardWork)
    Congratz on the A's! My 5 year old brother got A's in them aswel! He was so chuffed, you could meet up sometime and talk through the course content in a few mins! Anyway i cant be ****ed to sit here and play this game with some silly kid who thinks they know it all, ah well atleast i had a laugh at the thought of a RE and Psy student on par with a consultant. Im off to bed.
    Speaking of silly kids who think they know it all....night night kiddo

ReputationRep:
    Congratz on the A's! My 5 year old brother got A's in them aswel! He was so chuffed, you could meet up sometime and talk through the course content in a few mins! Anyway i cant be ****ed to sit here and play this game with some silly kid who thinks they know it all, ah well atleast i had a laugh at the thought of a RE and Psy student on par with a consultant. Im off to bed.
    Btw, we were wondering, while you're ****ging off everyone else's subjects, what grades do you have? In what subjects? Please enlighten us

ReputationRep:
    Enough of the arguments/spam, help for the OP only please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam_ire)
    Thanks I love u for saying that dude.. Im actually doing four AS's this year- bio, chem, phys, and USE OF MATHS. Use of maths is equivalent to AS maths and is stretched over two years, but to be honest i hate it and i regret that i havent chose the normal math.. I usually get what i want and medicine is the only thing I want to do so:cool:
    people who are dedicated to medicine tend to get there in the end, best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex L)
    Speaking of silly kids who think they know it all....night night kiddo

hmm true..I think we know who the kid is here, considering his bedtime is 10pm...

dw, i've reported him for abuse and harrassment, i was just interested if he knew about the psychology course's content..i seriously doubt a 5yr old can grasp the concept of free will, determinism, reductionism and freuds psychosexual development theory..so ha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calcium878)
    Enough of the arguments/spam, help for the OP only please.
    Sorry it started out well meaning, I only tried to correct him on something fundamentally wrong, but it went downhill from there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xximstrongerthanthatxx)
    hmm true..I think we know who the kid is here, considering his bedtime is 10pm...

dw, i've reported him for abuse and harrassment, i was just interested if he knew about the psychology course's content..i seriously doubt a 5yr old can grasp the concept of free will, determinism, reductionism and freuds psychosexual development theory..so ha
    Nvm, as long as the OP knows to disregard his advice as it was based on little/no knowledge or experience, he'll be fine. So OP, go for it, get good grades in your AS so your predicted grades will be high enough, and get a bloody good reference out of your school . Tbh, psychology sounds interesting enough, the only reason I didn't do it was because I'm crap at essays lol

ReputationRep:
    Remember, don't do medicine cause it sounds good, do it because you want to make a difference...really question why you want to do it, if you find a good reason that'l be your motivation to get those grades
    I know.. this is so true, this IS where I get my motivation from, I will do anything to become a doctor. I'll do a degree in biomed if needed or take a gap year. Again, thank you for the good advice and I want you to know that all of you (except for one guy ;P) have changed my thinking and have given me hope.(sounds pathetic, but imlistening to LOTR music atm and im getting emotional xD)

ReputationRep:
    I know.. this is so true, this IS where I get my motivation from, I will do anything to become a doctor. I'll do a degree in biomed if needed or take a gap year. Again, thank you for the good advice and I want you to know that all of you (except for one guy ;P) have changed my thinking and have given me hope.(sounds pathetic, but imlistening to LOTR music atm and im getting emotional xD)

lol cool
    i was going to do medicine (YES, just with one science at a-level, but i had chemistry at AS) yet decided it wasn't for me and i wanted a speciality instead, go into your work experience open minded, not wanting to just do medicine but look at other NHS careers aswell

ReputationRep:
    lol cool
    i was going to do medicine (YES, just with one science at a-level, but i had chemistry at AS) yet decided it wasn't for me and i wanted a speciality instead, go into your work experience open minded, not wanting to just do medicine but look at other NHS careers aswell
    is that supposed to be telling me "you still have little chance to become a doctor but u can be a nurse instead" xD? ;P

ReputationRep:
    A little pointer but you might be eligle for the foundation courses run by southampton and uea .. there might be others as well ...... my friend just got an offer of ccc for medincine with a foundation year at southampton. but certain criteria have to be met . another option is to do a surgical applicances 2 year course then switch to post grad med degree. again my friend was in simialar situation well predicted cbb and didnt stand a chance on any traditional route in to medincine.
    competition is pritty tough though, like over 30/40 to a place possibly more.

good luck and dont give up and make sure you have loads and loads of work experience.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eeyoreturnip)
    A little pointer but you might be eligle for the foundation courses run by southampton and uea .. there might be others as well ...... my friend just got an offer of ccc for medincine with a foundation year at southampton. but certain criteria have to be met . another option is to do a surgical applicances 2 year course then switch to post grad med degree. again my friend was in simialar situation well predicted cbb and didnt stand a chance on any traditional route in to medincine.
    competition is pritty tough though, like over 30/40 to a place possibly more.

good luck and dont give up and make sure you have loads and loads of work experience.
    is that about "traditional route" or the 2 other ways you have advised me?

ReputationRep:
    have you done a medicine degree?
    I've had friends who have done biology, chemistry and art who've had 3 offers..no AEA'S and AAB at a-level. so i'd shut up, get your facts right and just piss off if you have nothing better to say
    successful troll is rather successful

ReputationRep:
    thats the foundation year course ... because obviously there are alot of people who would like to do medicine without the grades and as the course has become more widely known (its been around for a couple of years i think) competition has pritty much doubled every year. but its not impossible ...my friend did it. but she had gone on a medcin course, worked in an nhs old peoples home, done work experience with children in a nursery home and possibly some other stuff as well as a really good letter of recomendation from the head of our school. which was in addition to the reference.

she had quite a few really good extra curriculars as well. chairman of scouts, salsa dancing helped out in school shows etc etc. just build up all that stuff to show your committed to helping people and get an awesome personal statement, if you do extra at school you should get a really good reference which is really important.

the surgical applicances is mainly people that didnt get grades to do medicne directly and i dont think the competition is too big for that.

ReputationRep:
    nahh i think you'd stand a good chance as college is a time of maturity, i really pulled my finger out when i got to college, just go for it, you can always do a foundation medicine course....or resit gcses (i know it sucks, but if you're serious about medicine then you will)

ReputationRep:
    Are you mad aswel? What has me not knowing him personaly got to do with it... You are really really dumb if you think those 'passes' are good enough, espeacily so few. Read other peoples coments, i asure you the vast majority of people will agree that he has little chance.
    have you nothing beter to do than call everyone else stupid? get a life!

ReputationRep:
    Are you mad aswel? What has me not knowing him personaly got to do with it... You are really really dumb if you think those 'passes' are good enough, espeacily so few. Read other peoples coments, i asure you the vast majority of people will agree that he has little chance.
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by P_Ben21)
    nahh i think you'd stand a good chance as college is a time of maturity, i really pulled my finger out when i got to college, just go for it, you can always do a foundation medicine course....or resit gcses (i know it sucks, but if you're serious about medicine then you will)
    Is it possible to resit GCSE's after i've done A levels?

ReputationRep:
    is that about "traditional route" or the 2 other ways you have advised me?
    That sounds like the competition levels for graduate entry medicine I think, I personally don't know the actual numbers, but they sound about right. So if you really want to do medicine you need to do everything within your power to try and study as an undergraduate; competition is still high, just not that high

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Goose)
    have you nothing beter to do than call everyone else stupid? get a life!
    :five:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.