Crime and punishment: why was the gunpowder plot launched?

Watch this thread
tay_lee
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Trying to prepare for the crime and punishment history exam tomorrow, and i need three separate causes. the only one i can think of is the resentment between protestants and Catholics, particularly with King James favouring protestants.
jadeb456
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
The gunpowder plot was launched because when Jams became king , catholics couldn't worship freely and was harshly enforced so Robert Catesby, Guy Fawkes and the others had a plan to blow up the parliament and kill King James and put a catholic on the throne..
tay_lee
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by jadeb456)
The gunpowder plot was launched because when Jams became king , catholics couldn't worship freely and was harshly enforced so Robert Catesby, Guy Fawkes and the others had a plan to blow up the parliament and kill King James and put a catholic on the throne..
I got that buddy I was asking about the other 2 causes. In edexcel history GCSE you need 3 reasons for 12 mark questions. Thanks anyway.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (66)
66.67%
No (25)
25.25%
I didn't use it to prepare (8)
8.08%

Watched Threads