The Student Room Group

If someone just missed a grade and cant continue to yr13 what would their options be?

God forbid I don't get the pass grade but if someone was to not be allowed to continue a subject and subsequently stopped from continuing a course at sixth form, what would their options be?

Also, is there any thing they can do to persuade the school or teachers to let them continue?

Please feel free to share your experiences as well.
Original post by peterdoncasters
God forbid I don't get the pass grade but if someone was to not be allowed to continue a subject and subsequently stopped from continuing a course at sixth form, what would their options be?

Also, is there any thing they can do to persuade the school or teachers to let them continue?

Please feel free to share your experiences as well.

It depends what your school does. I believe if its a state school rather than a private academy then they cant deny you progress into year 2.
Focus on your exams and make sure you pass.

In the event, you wont make it and they wont let you continue then post back..Options possible resit year BTEC, apprenticeship, college.
From what I’ve heard, from this year and onwards - you cannot study the same subjects you have done in yr 12 at the same college. I have no sources to back that up however this came from a mouth of my head of sixth form back at the introduction.
Original post by 999tigger
It depends what your school does. I believe if its a state school rather than a private academy then they cant deny you progress into year 2.
Focus on your exams and make sure you pass.

In the event, you wont make it and they wont let you continue then post back..Options possible resit year BTEC, apprenticeship, college.

Could I go to a different sixth form or college and carry on to A2?
Original post by peterdoncasters
Could I go to a different sixth form or college and carry on to A2?

If they accept you, less likely though.

Quick Reply

Latest