Turn on thread page Beta

Post a wild prediction for the 2018 World Cup watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    Sweden and Denmark to both make the quarter finals.

Another game with a 6 goal difference.

Neither France nor Belgium make the semis.

No team from the Asian group makes it out of the group stages.

Uruguay to make the semis.

Not sure if these all count as wild, but I tried!

ReputationRep:
    Egypt make it to semi's
    England make it out of groups.
    France wins it all

ReputationRep:
    Russia to win their own world cup?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    - Argentina out in the group stage
    - Suarez bites another player
    - England win a penalty shoot out
    Suarez to bite more players than he scores goals.

ReputationRep:
    Saudi Arabia to make a comeback and reach the semi finals.

ReputationRep:
    iran to win world cup

ReputationRep:
    A truly unlikely prediction I begin to care about football and stop wishing that it would disappear from the top of my news feed.
    (I appreciate other people care but it should be possible to not have to have it at the top of the news feed and receive“breaking news” about it!)
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    Suarez to get through the tournament without doing anything of real note.

ReputationRep:
    My Argentina one looks OK atm.

I can see the other two coming in too. Suarez was getting more and more frustrated in the first game. If it carries on I think the bite is nailed on.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Snoozinghamster)
    A truly unlikely prediction I begin to care about football and stop wishing that it would disappear from the top of my news feed.
    (I appreciate other people care but it should be possible to not have to have it at the top of the news feed and receive“breaking news” about it!)
    On here? It is. Go to my feed on the homepage, click edit my feed: should end up at this page: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/dpc...troom.co.uk%2F

Then choose interests.

In general news coverage? It's the biggest thing happening in the world right now, deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    Germany wins the world cup 2018!

Now a bold prediction after the shambles of mexico.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Mexico to win the thing. Love em, remind me so much of us 15/16 season. Pace abuse and counters, terrifyingly deep and last ditch defending to ruffle the feathers of big sides

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
    On here? It is. Go to my feed on the homepage, click edit my feed: should end up at this page: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/dpc...troom.co.uk%2F

Then choose interests.

In general news coverage? It's the biggest thing happening in the world right now, deal with it.
    I was more referring to every time I put the tv on or my news feed on my phone but thanks anyway.

I just struggle to see why one sport deserves so much more attention than things like the olympics or other sports!

ReputationRep:
    I was more referring to every time I put the tv on or my news feed on my phone but thanks anyway.

I just struggle to see why one sport deserves so much more attention than things like the olympics or other sports!
    It's not to do with how much attention it deserves it's how much it receives, football is popular and a lot of people watch it, if there is anything going on for another sport maybe it will receive more coverage, like if it was the cricket World Cup, there could be a lot of coverage of another sport but if not many people watch it, it would be pointless showing it lots without anything going on, and showing something any sport lots does not mean it will automatically receive a lot of viewers.
    Also world Cup is going on, there aren't any other or any major events for any other sports going on right now.
    For the news feed on your phone you can adjust your recommendations and preferences as it is a feed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iahmed512)
    It's not to do with how much attention it deserves it's how much it receives, football is popular and a lot of people watch it, if there is anything going on for another sport maybe it will receive more coverage, like if it was the cricket World Cup, there could be a lot of coverage of another sport but if not many people watch it, it would be pointless showing it lots without anything going on, and showing something any sport lots does not mean it will automatically receive a lot of viewers.
    Also world Cup is going on, there aren't any other or any major events for any other sports going on right now.
    For the news feed on your phone you can adjust your recommendations and preferences as it is a feed.
    I understand that, sorry if I sound annoyed I’m just already fed up of football!

Seems Apple is being a pain and won’t give anyway to get rid of the football bar at the top of the news feed though.

Oh well, only three more weeks to deal with!

ReputationRep:
    I understand that, sorry if I sound annoyed I’m just already fed up of football!

Seems Apple is being a pain and won’t give anyway to get rid of the football bar at the top of the news feed though.

Oh well, only three more weeks to deal with!
    It's alright, sorry if I seem annoyed too. I'm not exactly a football fan btw, I only watch football occasionally and going to watch a few of the matches in the world Cup, not the majority, but I don't hate football either.

I think you can probably change it in settings, most news feeds are feeds because they're based on recommendations and so these can usually be changed.

ReputationRep:
    Mexico win the whole thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlairPeach)
    Mexico win the whole thing
    Yea twice
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer

I think the summer olympics gets roughly equal attention to a world cup when it's on, just in a different way.

Football has a way wider audience than most other sports, especially the world cup.

I do agree it's annoying if you aren't interested but it's not that hard to ignore imo.

ReputationRep:
    England to go out to Poland in R16
    Poland to win tournament
    Messi to retire from international football after losing to Poland
    Salah to score 0 goals

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.