Any last minute queries for AQA Paper 1 tomorrow?

Watch
Dionneisstressed
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
If you have any questions please fire away! I'll do my best to answer them and I'm sure others will too
m300
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
do you have any predictions fr what may come up as 16 markers for social influence memory attachment and psychopathology?
Dionneisstressed
Rep:
?
(Original post by m300)
do you have any predictions fr what may come up as 16 markers for social influence memory attachment and psychopathology?
Personally, I don't think you can really predict Psychology as they could easily throw in a question that maybe previous students haven't done so well on in the past, just make sure you know enough to cover 16 markers in any event; 6 points per topic and in terms of evaluation, issues and debates, reliability, validity and approaches can be applied to nearly anything
cmonb123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
ur defo getting A* aha
Dionneisstressed
Rep:
?
(Original post by cmonb123)
ur defo getting A* aha
Haha aw thank you! Just trying to help everyone out with what I know, since my revision method is literally going through the textbook a million times to make sure everything is memorised (probably not the best revision technique but I've been rolling with it since GCSE!)
cmonb123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Dionneisstressed)
Haha aw thank you! Just trying to help everyone out with what I know, since my revision method is literally going through the textbook a million times to make sure everything is memorised (probably not the best revision technique but I've been rolling with it since GCSE!)
Lol i've been doin that too x
Dionneisstressed
Rep:
?
Also guys please remember, issues and debates and approaches are the best go to evaluation points! For social influence, Asch, Zimbardo and Milgram all used male participants and so beta bias/androcentrism can be brought in. Temporal validity too, many of the studies were conducted decades ago and may not hold much use now! Also culture bias- most studies are based around western societies and so cannot be generalised to eastern societies. For memory, remember your case studies- KF, HM, Clive Wearing- good but also very idiographic! Can't always be generalised because they are so specific. Coding, capacity and duration research often uses artificial and meaningless stimuli, while the models of memory (multi-store model and working memory model) may be too brief, for example the MSM not going into detail about what types of memories specifically are in short term/long term memory, whilst working memory model lacks clarity over the central executive. For attachment, many of the conclusions are socially sensitive such as Isabella et al and their research into interactional synchrony, suggesting mothers should not return to work so soon in order to strengthen the attachment with interactional synchrony. Also ethical issues, such as with Lorenz and Harlow's research. However, many controlled, lab experiments such as Ainsworth's strange situation which increases the reliability of the method and the findings.For psychopathology, you should focus on the approach that is being used to explain the disorder and the strengths/weaknesses of them. Also, what is good/bad about drug treatments and CBT? Drug treatments are cost effective and allow people to go to work still, benefitting the economy. However, they may have side effects and don't tackle the problem completely. CBT is expensive and time consuming.
Hope everyone finds this useful and good luck!!
budgie888
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For 16 markers, how many evaluation points are you going for? would you say 5 is OTT?
Dionneisstressed
Rep:
?
(Original post by budgie888)
For 16 markers, how many evaluation points are you going for? would you say 5 is OTT?
Nope! 5 is what you should aim for definitely, for a 16 marker where the split is AO1/6 and AO3/10. 2 marks per evaluation, remembering to link back to why it is a strength/weakness at the end of it
roored123
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I tend to structure my 16 markers like so:

A01 (Knowledge)
A01 introductory point to my evidence eg. A limitation of the monotropic theory is that it is socially sensitive
A03 (my evidence) It was found that...
A03 (elaboration and link) Therefore it can be suggested that..

I may go then and counter argument, but I would say 4 or 5 is probably your best bet, 4 will be fine if you have made an opening point and elaborated on each one )
Dionneisstressed
Rep:
?
(Original post by roored123)
I tend to structure my 16 markers like so:

A01 (Knowledge)
A01 introductory point to my evidence eg. A limitation of the monotropic theory is that it is socially sensitive
A03 (my evidence) It was found that...
A03 (elaboration and link) Therefore it can be suggested that..

I may go then and counter argument, but I would say 4 or 5 is probably your best bet, 4 will be fine if you have made an opening point and elaborated on each one )
That sounds really good, I agree!
budgie888
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Okay nice, thanks guys ps- i'm guessing you've done a tad of research methods revision, personally i looked a peer review and all the different tests, im curious to see what you have looked at
roored123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Okay nice, thanks guys ps- i'm guessing you've done a tad of research methods revision, personally i looked a peer review and all the different tests, im curious to see what you have looked at
I don't like to blow my own trumpet but I find the majority of research methods fairly easy to understand- I've looked at the tests because I find them hardest by far, learning the process of peer review and writing a reference is also super useful (that's been tested previous years but its only usually worth 2 marks) I'll definitely be focusing research methods revision on my paper 2 )
roored123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Also guys, last minute tips from aqa that may help tomorrow )
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/rev...vel-psychology
Dionneisstressed
Rep:
?
Research methods is definitely essential and a big part of it all, I'm pretty confident with it except sections of a scientific report and features of a science so will be having a quick look over them soon
budgie888
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
By the sounds of it im guessing both of you are going for A*s , i am myself but more realistically an A is what i think the outcome will be
roored123
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Dionneisstressed)
Research methods is definitely essential and a big part of it all, I'm pretty confident with it except sections of a scientific report and features of a science so will be having a quick look over them soon
I'm a little worried about attachment, has anyone got an idea as to what 16 marker may come up?
budgie888
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm a little worried about attachment, has anyone got an idea as to what 16 marker may come up?
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5396100 this might help
Dionneisstressed
Rep:
?
By the sounds of it im guessing both of you are going for A*s , i am myself but more realistically an A is what i think the outcome will be
Just trying to do my best! The only exam I've focused on as of yet haha
Dionneisstressed
Rep:
?
I can't make predictions as they are quite unpredictable with their papers, however, whatever you definitely don't know I'd go over tomorrow morning just to brush up on it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (674)
33.7%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (850)
42.5%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (385)
19.25%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (91)
4.55%

Watched Threads