Compulsary Food... Argh I Hate You Watch

Mush
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by no hero in her sky)
Normally, when one orders a dish, they don't list every ingredient that dish includes. A chicken curry is not curry leaves with chicken, you know. There are other ingredients, and often onion is one of them. :eek:
Why, then, when I order an "extra portion of curry sauce", do I get an ONION FREE dish of curry sauce?!

Onions are clearly not an ingredient of the sauce. They are an optional extra. You should be asked, "do you want onions?". Or you should have to ASK to get them.

They shouldn't presume consent, it's unethical!
D-Day
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mush)
Aye, that's all it was meant to be really. Just a bit of a humerous rant about the backwards logic of such places.

Then all these serious TSR folk start getting 'concerned' for my health and eating habits >.>

It's like farting in front of the queen.
hardly :rolleyes:
Mush
Rep:
?
(Original post by D-Day)
hardly :rolleyes:
Man #1: Well, that settles it, we're going to start a fast food company called McDonalds. Any suggestions for an ordering procedure?

Man #2: Sure, how about, when someone wants something, they can ask for it! And we will then give it to them, and charge them the appropriate monies?

Man #1: Great, let's do that.

Man #3: *swivels round in a large-back chair, grimacing* Well you could do that. Or... you could have someone come in, and produce a large open ended list of everything they DON'T want. And whatever is not included in that list, is what we shall give them. Then charge appropriately.

Man #1: Are you sure that's logical?

Man #3: Completely.

Man #1: Well okay. *Signs*

Man #2: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

>.>
dh00001
Report 10 years ago
you could make the food yourself, then you would get what you want
D-Day
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mush)
Man #1: Well, that settles it, we're going to start a fast food company called McDonalds. Any suggestions for an ordering procedure?

Man #2: Sure, how about, when someone wants something, they can ask for it! And we will then give it to them, and charge them the appropriate monies?

Man #1: Great, let's do that.

Man #3: *swivels round in a large-back chair, grimacing* Well you could do that. Or... you could have someone come in, and produce a large open ended list of everything they DON'T want. And whatever is not included in that list, is what we shall give them. Then charge appropriately.

Man #1: Are you sure that's logical?

Man #3: Completely.

Man #1: Well okay. *Signs*

Man #2: NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

>.>
Generally, of the list of ingredients in a given item of food, the list of what someone does want is longer than what they don't want, so yes, it is easier and more logical to ask them to specify what they want left off. You must be one of those special cases that dislikes too many things. Have a cookie :dh:

Oh wait, you do like cookies, right? Shall I leave out the chocolate chips? :rolleyes: :p:
Mush
Rep:
?
(Original post by D-Day)
Generally, of the list of ingredients in a given item of food, the list of what someone does want is longer than what they don't want, so yes, it is easier and more logical to ask them to specify what they want left off. You must be one of those special cases that dislikes too many things. Have a cookie :dh:

Oh wait, you do like cookies, right? Shall I leave out the chocolate chips? :rolleyes: :p:
Ah, but when it comes to something as controversial as onions or gherkins, it would SURELY cause less hassle just to ask the ****ing person if they want it or not
D-Day
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:troll:
x-Disenchanted-x
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't like olives.

Just thought I'd say.

They look like... grapes from beyond the grave.
death.drop
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They tend to just make what most people have the standard because it cuts down time.
I find whenever i ring up takeaway or go to McDonalds or whatever they're usually quite good when I ask not to have something. really annoying though when you ask specifically not to have something and they include it anyway. especially if it's something like sauce which you can't get off.

what really annoys me is when they put salt and pepper on everything, especially in ready meals. because i'm allergic to pepper and everyone has pepper at home

you need to go see hotdog man. he's like 'what kind of sausage would you like? onions? relish?' and he has salt, pepper, ketchup and bbq sauce on the side - I love him!
ooh and subway, good choice for you?
la fille danse
  • CV Helper
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mush)
Why, then, when I order an "extra portion of curry sauce", do I get an ONION FREE dish of curry sauce?!

Onions are clearly not an ingredient of the sauce. They are an optional extra. You should be asked, "do you want onions?". Or you should have to ASK to get them.

They shouldn't presume consent, it's unethical!
Google finds

1,666,000 "chicken curry" recipes that include onion

and

211,000 "chicken curry" recipes that do not include onion

Restaurants presume that customers want the standard recipe unless they specify otherwise. Shocking, huh.

When you order an extra dish of curry sauce, you're probably getting their basic stock curry sauce that they modify to make specific dishes, chicken curry being one of them. It most likely has onion in it anyway, it's just been blended...
Penny Crayon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I both agree and disagree with some of this..

Firstly about the vegetables and not just in a pot noodle, but you know those types, dried or canned veg which just doesn't even taste like a vegetable anymore. Those aren't good.

But seriously, Pot Noodles are naff anyway.

Onions annoy me because they irritate my bowels.
Doesnt that paint a lovely picture in your head?
And they do seem to be hidden in everything.

The thing that gets me is sandwiches.

People who make sandwiches seem to assume that if you want a ham one, you shall have it with mustard.

If you want tuna, you shall have it with sweetcorn or cucumber.

If you fancy to go down the cheese sandwich route, there will be invariably be some cheeky pickle hiding amongst the cheesey goodness.

That annoys me. And not because I eat junk food all the time - because I dont.

But I'm sure nearly everybody's grabbed a sandwich when they're on the go either at work, college, uni, service stations, shops etc and you fancy one it it is likely it will be teamed up with something yucky.

Rant done.
Sidhe
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I hate mustard. I hate mayonnaise, which is probably why I never buy sandwiches. That and the fact they cost £2.80 for something you could knock up in five minutes.
death.drop
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Penny Crayon)

People who make sandwiches seem to assume that if you want a ham one, you shall have it with mustard.

If you fancy to go down the cheese sandwich route, there will be invariably be some cheeky pickle hiding amongst the cheesey goodness.
I used to work in a little cafe where they made sandwhiches/rolls etc and one day someone asked for a tuna roll without sweetcorn. i said i'd go ask the boss (because i was new) and he just stood there getting all flustered saying 'what do you mean they want it without the sweetcorn?! it's a tuna and sweetcorn roll! that's what's on the menu! i can't believe you even came back to ask me that! no! no they bloody can't have it without the sweetcorn!'
needless to say i didn't stay working for him long lol. why is it so hard to understand someone might not like sweetcorn?

packaged sandwhiches are the worst, like you said, because they don't actually say what's in them. I learned the hard way to check the ingredients list for pepper and now 'seasoned mayonnaise' as well, which i've discovered is just mayonaise with pepper in it. (i'm allergic to pepper)
toddlers crossword
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Penny Crayon)
I both agree and disagree with some of this..

Firstly about the vegetables and not just in a pot noodle, but you know those types, dried or canned veg which just doesn't even taste like a vegetable anymore. Those aren't good.

But seriously, Pot Noodles are naff anyway.

Onions annoy me because they irritate my bowels.
Doesnt that paint a lovely picture in your head?
And they do seem to be hidden in everything.

That annoys me. And not because I eat junk food all the time - because I dont.

But I'm sure nearly everybody's grabbed a sandwich when they're on the go either at work, college, uni, service stations, shops etc and you fancy one it it is likely it will be teamed up with something yucky.

Rant done.
Agree about the sandwiches...I cant stand cucumber or tomato and they're always lurking in and spoiling otherwise good sandwiches (not to mention making them soggy)
Penny Crayon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by death.drop)
I used to work in a little cafe where they made sandwhiches/rolls etc and one day someone asked for a tuna roll without sweetcorn. i said i'd go ask the boss (because i was new) and he just stood there getting all flustered saying 'what do you mean they want it without the sweetcorn?! it's a tuna and sweetcorn roll! that's what's on the menu! i can't believe you even came back to ask me that! no! no they bloody can't have it without the sweetcorn!'
needless to say i didn't stay working for him long lol. why is it so hard to understand someone might not like sweetcorn?

packaged sandwhiches are the worst, like you said, because they don't actually say what's in them. I learned the hard way to check the ingredients list for pepper and now 'seasoned mayonnaise' as well, which i've discovered is just mayonaise with pepper in it. (i'm allergic to pepper)
Ah no at the pepper thing! I love pepper, but then again I wouldn't miss it if it wasn't in a sandwich.

Sandwiches are being made way too fancy now.
We want bog standard ham/cheese sandwiches - WITHOUT mustard, pepper, mayo, salad cream, pickle and all the other crap.

They never put enough marge/butter in though.

And about having to look through all the ingredients, its just annoying.
I like chicken and bacon sandwiches but it's ruined if the bacon is 'sweetcured' or 'smoked' just gives it a nasty taste.

We need 'normal' sandwiches.
Mush
Rep:
?
(Original post by death.drop)

:O I hate being asked my favourite colour too! Colours on their own are pretty bland, colours only become exciting when you see some contrast or complementing colours... or a large landscape splashed with interacting colours!

Argh, nobody ever understands that lol. You're the first person I've met to have explicitly hated it too
BIG BAD BOB
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mush)
Know what really pisses me off?

That CRAP they put in pot noodles. I mean. If you take a chicken and mushroom pot noodle, your soy sauce isn't already poured on the noodles. It's in a wee satchet. So you can choose whether or not you'd like some soy sauce with your Pot Noodle. But all the other ****ing junk, like sweetcorn, is already mashed in with the flavouring , and you have to sit there for ages picking it out. Or when you get chow mein, you have to take out all the peas and carrots ARGH.
oh my god i totally agree, when you add water to dehydrated peas, they smell and taste like fart. :laugh: they totally do.
Penny Crayon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by toddlers crossword)
Agree about the sandwiches...I cant stand cucumber or tomato and they're always lurking in and spoiling otherwise good sandwiches (not to mention making them soggy)
Yeah soggy sandwiches - yuck.

But if they put a decent amount of margerine in them it acts like a film against the bread so it doesn't 'sog'
Penny Crayon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by BIG BAD BOB)
oh my god i totally agree, when you add water to dehydrated peas, they smell and taste like fart. :laugh: they totally do.
You've tasted farts??

Enlighten me..
Kater Murr
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes. This is what is called a 'recipe'.

You see, there are a few people out there who don't like noodles. Now, why the **** can't they put the noodles in a sachet, so that when those people buy a Pot Noodle, they don't have to put up with those disgusting noodles?
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (135)
18.6%
No (440)
60.61%
Not really bothered about them (151)
20.8%

Watched Threads