The Student Room Group

My boyfriend cheated on me 6 times!

My friend has been with her boyfriend for 6 years and in that period he has cheated on her more than 6 times and each time she has gotten back with him. They are both 21 for those wondering. He recently cheated on her a month ago and today I found out she got back with him.

The reason shes staying with him is because of the length of their relationship, she feels it's a waste if they break up for good.

What is your opinion? What is the best way to advise her? It's embarrassing for her

Scroll to see replies

What a walkover.
First of all, there is a serious mix up of pronouns between thread title and post

Second of all, ridiculous of her to stay with him and she's just asking for more trouble
Original post by AndrewSCO
First of all, there is a serious mix up of pronouns between thread title and post

Second of all, ridiculous of her to stay with him and she's just asking for more trouble

I know, I thought this way more people would respond to the thread :smile:
Original post by AnimeCatsMemes
What is your opinion? What is the best way to advise her? It's embarrassing for her

There comes a point at which a fool must be left alone to continue being a fool.

Leave her to it.
You didn't even read the OP did you...

Shameful
Reply 6
Does she think that this guy would be a good father if she has children with him?

People get divorced and find someone else even if it's been over 20 years
Honestly I thought this was gonna be one of those clickbait AMAs.
Original post by beach700
Does she think that this guy would be a good father if she has children with him?

People get divorced and find someone else even if it's been over 20 years

Exactly, I've tried to explain this to her. Although 6 years is a long time, she has nothing to lose now - they are not married and don't have children and hopefully she comes to her senses soon enough
Original post by AnimeCatsMemes
My friend has been with her boyfriend for 6 years and in that period he has cheated on her more than 6 times and each time she has gotten back with him. They are both 21 for those wondering. He recently cheated on her a month ago and today I found out she got back with him.

*The reason shes staying with him is because of the length of their relationship, she feels it's a waste if they break up for good.*

That’s just hypocritical because she’s wasting more precious time on him when obviously she’s not gonna marry that prick...at least I hope not for her sake.
Uhhh why is she still with him? Surely you're wasting your time if you continue to STAY with him, rather than leave? smh
Idk what she's doing.
He will never stop as he knows she will just get back with him so he doesn't really care that he's cheating.
She needs to leave him now!
He needs to have some respect!
He's my idol. The ultimate alpha male.
So he's not that into her. He's still looking for the one. He may or may not ever find her but when he does ( fall in love) she'll not see him for dust.

I've seen gfs try and force / blackmail their bfs into committing. It can work in that the said bf eventually marries her but ...of course continues to see other women - so no change there.....

If that's what your friend thinks she is prepared to put up with then OK but she'll have a very unhappy life if she loves him - but more likely she'll come to hate him.
Reply 14
Once a cheat, always a cheat in my opinion.

In this day and age, I think it is very difficult to find someone who will stay faithful to you throughout your entire relationship. Whether that be full blown intercourse, or texting behind your partner’s back, betrayal is common in most relationships.

Hence the single life is the best life I always say! No commitments, no expectations, no disappointments etc.
Reply 15
You and your friend should Google the sunk cost fallacy. It's mainly used in economics but can be applicable to relationships as well.

It is the concept that you are making your decisions based on the fact that you've invested too much into the relationship and you don't want to "lose what you have".

Things can and will get better, but only if you leave.
Original post by UWS
You and your friend should Google the sunk cost fallacy. It's mainly used in economics but can be applicable to relationships as well.

It is the concept that you are making your decisions based on the fact that you've invested too much into the relationship and you don't want to "lose what you have".

Things can and will get better, but only if you leave.

I like this, thank you
Tell her she deserves better
He'll carry on doing it because she lets him get away with it.
bruv that ain't no boyfriend that's a walking di*ck, get her out of that trap jfc

Quick Reply

Latest