Turn on thread page Beta

GCSEs getting closer! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piece_by_piece)
    sorry for trying to lighten the mood!
    it worked on me!

but tbh, english exams are the only ones I am "hating", I am not actually worried about the other ones,(okay, may be dreading the length but other than that, not much else).
    I can never motivate myself to like english no matter how hard I try....

ReputationRep:
    Hey you guys have any advice on how to get A*s on the language speaking exams. French and German. What do you need. I know you have to take the initiative, use at least two tenses and maybe the conditional and pluperfect but is there any other little trick you need to help you get that top grade?

ReputationRep:
    Hey you guys have any advice on how to get A*s on the language speaking exams.
    there's nothing magic to do- sounds like you know what's needed, so just make sure you learn/ memorise your conversation bits really thoroughly and revise for roleplays enough that you'll be able to do them really confidently

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Krimzen)
    Hey you guys have any advice on how to get A*s on the language speaking exams. French and German. What do you need. I know you have to take the initiative, use at least two tenses and maybe the conditional and pluperfect but is there any other little trick you need to help you get that top grade?
    I think you have convered pretty much everything an A* candidate should have.
    Remember to give opinions too, because apparantly, "candidates aiming at C grade or above should include their opinions and thoughts".
    My german teacher said if we don't include them, we will get "D"s and "E"s,, btu I think she was trying to scare us into doing it(because in my mock I only gave one opinion and I got an A*.XD).

ReputationRep:
    Revision? I've got too many teachers moaning at me about coursework.
    Right now I'm concentrating on finishing my Graphics final product (which I'm realllly behind in), finishing my drama piece (which is going quite well as I have a really good group), and redrafting several pieces of coursework which weren't so good.

Also I have my french speaking in a few weeks time which I haven't even begun thinking about, and I should because French is my worst subject, the only sentence I can say it "hello my name is XXX and I live in XXXX' :p:

ReputationRep:
    argh my head is buzzing today, ive tried to start on my essay and my head just starts to hurt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milliondollarcorpse)
    Revision? I've got too many teachers moaning at me about coursework.
    Same. I really need to start getting some media CW done.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't had any coursework for months.. all my English was done ages ago, and History had to be handed in ages ago too, no coursework for the rest of my subjects

ReputationRep:
    The student Room is filled with Boffins that make me feel insecure.
    Damn you....lol.

I want to start revision, but am relying heavily on the easter holidays.

ReputationRep:
    For me, easter is a bit too early to revise. Im going to start at half term.

ReputationRep:
    Have started since a couple of days ago. Been doing a lot of maths revision; not because it is my weakest subject, but because it is the first exam, I think it's in 10 weeks exactly.

ReputationRep:
    My first exams are orals-Spanish at the end of April and French at the beginning of May, which aren't very nice exams to start but are probably the best to get out of the way because they're the ones that are worrying me the most. I haven't really started revising properly yet, but I've been preparing some conversation questions and writing out my presentation/discussion questions, etc. My only coursework left is my evaluation to finish off ICT, which I'm planning to do tomorrow, so then I can concentrate solely on revision

ReputationRep:
    gawwd, yesterday was like hell, I handed in my maths coursework, graphics coursework, RS(urghh..), Physics test, german essays, geography work, english essays, and art homework(urgh, my art teacher forces us to give in loads homework regardless of our other more important works). I literally don't rememberhow I managed to give them in fully since I had lots pages to print, write and etc and I only had 20 minutes to do them and hand them all into the different teachers!

Phew, can this be classified as a situation under extreme stress?
    [I just hope it won't be like this in the future].

ReputationRep:
    GCSEs are actually fairly fun, as they are so easy to get good grades in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by granita)
    GCSEs are actually fairly fun, as they are so easy to get good grades in
    Try IGCSE's *****, you wont be laughing then.

ReputationRep:
    Im just praying and trying too revise but I am not succeeding at the moment

ReputationRep:
    did someone say gcse's were FUN?

i can't revise i have a disease... just undiagnosed...

Good luck all

ReputationRep:
    ahhhh why is everyone revising already?!

i've just done a teeny bit of latin because we have like 49724734727324234 lines to learn

not fun!
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    (Original post by crrrrrash)
    ahhhh why is everyone revising already?!

i've just done a teeny bit of latin because we have like 49724734727324234 lines to learn

not fun!
    Because I want to do well!

ReputationRep:
    yeah french orl i the tin mostl on y mind atm

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.