Report 10 years ago
I really can't be bothered at all to revise. :/
m8nmina0h4
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by NixSta)
me neither..... its officially the beginning of easter and i've handed in all my cwk........so i dont have an excuse....i just cant be bothered....

im stressing about english though.... cos i always get c/b in timed essays we do in class... my teacher says im planning too much and not writing enough... its not my fault im a natural planner...

*sighs* oh well

anyways... ive gotta write a covering letter for this job i want.... does anyone know how to do it?! or send me examples of really good ones?!
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...and_Interviews

Your lucky, your Easter has just started.. I've had two and a half weeks of Easter holidays and only one left to revise now.. Hardly done anything, and I have 22 exams :O
monkee
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've revised flat out every day, and it doesn't seem to be going in very quick...I feel awful as well because I thought it would be a good strategy to learn as much as I can over Easter and then create a timetable on my weaknesses, but it's just not worked that well at all for History and Geography...
RuthieStar
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
I know. When i go back to school it'll only be like 3 weeks till they start, and i haven't even started properly revising yet.

Urghhh... RE is gonna be the one i'm gonna find hard to revise for.
monkee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My nerves are already getting to me and my first exam (barring other miniature exams like coursework related) is in 5 weeks and a day. Has anyone got any tips on how to calm myself down? Thanks, I'm going to have a word with one of my teachers next week about it.
lil_miss_rapunzel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Rescue Remedy!
Never tried it personally but apparently it does help to calm you down, particularly just before an exam.
monkee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I really feel like crying...how early should I have started? My first written exam's 14th May.
billet-doux
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Soem of us haven't even started properly yet, don't worry!
lil_miss_rapunzel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Honestly don't worry- you're by no means the only one who hasn't started properly. My first written exam is almost the same as yours (15th May) but I've only been revising in little bits, so not much has gone in. It's only natural to feel stressed but you still have almost 6 weeks, which is plenty of time for even the most content-heavy subjects to be revised properly. I don't think there is anyone who's been revising heavily yet, and if you revised loads now it probably wouldn't stick and you'd have forgotten it by the exam anyway (something I found out for mocks). Try and plan your time as efficiently as possible from now, and make sure you cover all subjects, and chill at times too because it doesn't do your brain good to be working constantly.
Nimbus
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Don't worry! I haven't even started revision, still doing the "learning", I still don't even understand half of some of my GCSEs and the exams are like in a month? o__O

They usually recoomend you to start revising about 4-6 weeks before the exam so it's not even late! So just manage what you can now!

And shook, I still haven't done ym art, need to do it now.
monkee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thankyou. I got into a spiral of feeling guilty in my January exams where I couldn't stop (my Additional Science), and even though I did well I felt really really rubbish afterwards. I think I might feel better if I go and talk to an adult at school - my parents try to tell me but I can't really tell whether they're just trying not to panic for my sake or whether they actually think I'm going to get what I think I deserve.
Nimbus
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Haha, you shouldn't stress yourself like that, the teachers know a lot and I'm sure you will get what you are predicted/wanted! ^__^ :hugs:

And if anyone is interested in my rant over my science "tragedy"(well, not really but still, quite sad for me), here it is
Spoiler:
Show
somehow I mucked up my January modules for my sciences (not only my dream of getting full marks in biology is gone, I have a huge risk of falling into the A category when I am suppose to actually be getting an extremely high A* , same with chemistry and physics). I have no idea what's happened as I was really cnfident that I did fairly well (almost sure that I achieved full marks) - but because my school is doing the WJEC board (for some really strange/random reason), we cannot ask for re-marks/re-dos/enquiries unless it's under extreme circumstances("U"s only). My biology teacher said there might have been a chance that my papers were marked wrongly but I can't do anything unless I got a "U". . Oh well, I will just have to achieve good marks in my final one this time round, - it's pay-back time!!
3107a
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't know what i am going to do. I keep getting so distracted

Argh.
lil_miss_rapunzel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You can't ask for remarks unless you get a U? That's stupid- they can make a mistake in marking whatever grade you're at! I know what you mean about school's using different exam boards, as my school uses CCEA for Business Studies even though it is in England, which is a bit annoying as all the revison guides seem to be for AQA/OCR/Edexcel.I know there isn't a great deal of difference but still...

Best of luck with your Summer modules- I'm sure you'll do well and get the A* you deserve.
m8nmina0h4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by yg110uk)
Haha, you shouldn't stress yourself like that, the teachers know a lot and I'm sure you will get what you are predicted/wanted! ^__^ :hugs:

And if anyone is interested in my rant over my science "tragedy"(well, not really but still, quite sad for me), here it is
Spoiler:
Show
somehow I mucked up my January modules for my sciences (not only my dream of getting full marks in biology is gone, I have a huge risk of falling into the A category when I am suppose to actually be getting an extremely high A* , same with chemistry and physics). I have no idea what's happened as I was really cnfident that I did fairly well (almost sure that I achieved full marks) - but because my school is doing the WJEC board (for some really strange/random reason), we cannot ask for re-marks/re-dos/enquiries unless it's under extreme circumstances("U"s only). My biology teacher said there might have been a chance that my papers were marked wrongly but I can't do anything unless I got a "U". . Oh well, I will just have to achieve good marks in my final one this time round, - it's pay-back time!!
About the remarking, is that the board's policy or your school's? If it is the school's which it most likely is, you could just get someone to call in and insist upon it? But I doubt the examiner has made a huge error in marking your exam, but worth a shot?
m8nmina0h4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 3107a)
I don't know what i am going to do. I keep getting so distracted

Argh.
Don't worry me too.. I meant to get the first section of my history revision done, well make notes on it at least, first bit of proper revison up to now, and I wrote a few lines, went onto TSR, etc. etc.. for the whole day! Now I've still not finished what I wanted to do, and an hour and a half continuous work would have got it all finished
monkee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes, good luck to everyone! I know I can do it if I just CALM DOWN! :P I'm watching a movie with my parents to get me nice and chilled for putting in as much graft for the last day of the holidays as possible, and then I should be feeling much calmer about myself. We can all do it, as long as we want it. If there's anything I've learnt and trying to learn again, its that it doesn't matter how much revision you do, if you don't think it's going to go well, it won't. Remember that Mr Ford bloke; if you think you can or can't, you're right. That always makes me smile
Nimbus
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey guys, I found out if you listen to quite sad/gloomy songs, it helps you to concentrate. I justed finished listening to moonlight sonata mv.1 and I feel like revising!

And thanks guys for the help and comments.
I think it's my schools' policy but I've sent an email asking them if one can ask for re-marks/re-takes and etc even if the school's policy doesn't allow him/her to, the email I got was "ask your school about it" - not so helpful eh? >__>
Nevertheless, I have been begging my science teachers to let me re-sit all the way back from March but all they said was that they can't, unless I am two grades below my actual expectations (so B), urrggh, my school is annoying and I need the A*s in them the most!
But I guess I should regard it as a challenge to see if I am really capable of it, if I am really a solid A* student.
billet-doux
Badges: 2
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
But, you can just put all your effort into these exams! And then that will show the exam board !
Nimbus
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah! I will try my best.
Thanks for the encouragement! And if there aer people capable fo getting full marks in thir A-levels, I don't see why getting good marks at GCSEs are hard.
Yeeeaaaahh! *gathesr energy*

...And if the worst comes to the worst, i will sacrifise my other GCSEs for them, or re-take in november? Lol.XD
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.87%
No (515)
72.13%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise