The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Princepieman

Take happiness for example. No human has ever, in the history of mankind, achieved constant happiness. It is a volatile state that speaks to what kind of creature we are on a fundamental level.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll need a citation for this...
After reading this comment there is no need for me to comment 💯
Reply 22
Original post by fallen_acorns
Really only a very small subset of investment bankers, and top level managers/business leaders were responsible for the financial crisis.. the vast vast majority of bank employees had nothing at all to do with it.

My father works in a bank, and is a manager at quite a high level

Well that's not true is it? Northern Rock wasn't an investment bank. People working for banks top to bottom were involved in overextending credit. Hardly like top level managers took or decided on applications for liar loans.

Well that does make you entirely impartial.
Original post by Quady
Well that's not true is it? Northern Rock wasn't an investment bank. People working for banks top to bottom were involved in overextending credit. Hardly like top level managers took or decided on applications for liar loans.

Well that does make you entirely impartial.

I don't claim to be impartial.

"Hardly like top level managers took or decided on applications for liar loans"

Who do you think was setting the targets and the lending policies that would put pressure on lower level workers?
Reply 24
I don't claim to be impartial.

"Hardly like top level managers took or decided on applications for liar loans"

Who do you think was setting the targets and the lending policies that would put pressure on lower level workers?

Sure, and who sought to overachieve against those targets for their own gain?
Original post by Quady
Sure, and who sought to overachieve against those targets for their own gain?

people who had families to support and didn't want to loose their jobs.
Reply 26
people who had families to support and didn't want to loose their jobs.

Ah, and that makes it ok then.
Reply 27
I am a banker and can confirm that i am an evil scumbag
Original post by Foggel
I am a banker and can confirm that i am an evil scumbag

?

Reply 29
Original post by nikki haley
?

I am
Simple fact is they are. Anyone who loves making a profit off others backs simply has no principles. The Rothschild family is by far the worse of all.
some ppl are poor some are rich lol :smile: the common human conflict
Because they are. Usury is a sin and most Bankers would sell their own granny just to make a few extra grand. Becoming richer at the expense of the poor. And they caused world wide recession in 2008. Which we are still paying for. All because of their greedy games. Most politicians are in league with them too. 150, 000 people dead in UK alone because of Tory austerity due to recession. Many Tories themselves are Bankers or are related to banking families. Lord Freud for example who said in 2014 that
Original post by Doccolm44
Because they are. Usury is a sin and most Bankers would sell their own granny just to make a few extra grand. Becoming richer at the expense of the poor. And they caused world wide recession in 2008. Which we are still paying for. All because of their greedy games. Most politicians are in league with them too. 150, 000 people dead in UK alone because of Tory austerity due to recession. Many Tories themselves are Bankers or are related to banking families. Lord Freud for example who said in 2014 that

You have absolutely no idea what it is that most people in the financial sector do, do you?
Original post by nikki haley
why do people believe bankers are evil scum?

Jelousy
Original post by Etch7409
You have absolutely no idea what it is that most people in the financial sector do, do you?

Shh. Try not to talk to the crazy people too much, their lunacy and idiocy might be infectious.
Reply 36
Original post by Etch7409

Most people in the financial sector are not bankers.

Latest

Trending

Trending