Mathematics B: 77 for an A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Missradioactive)
    I think for Edexcel IGCSE, the grade boundaries for an A* will be like:

Physics: 138-140 for an A*

Chemistry: 130-135 for an A*

Biology: 135-137 for an A*

Mathematics B: 77 for an A*
    Agreed for sciences but we haven't seen P2 yet. Physics might be a lil' lower.

Also for CIE IGCSE English, probs A* 73-75

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harry Xu)
    Agreed for sciences but we haven't seen P2 yet. Physics might be a lil' lower.

Also for CIE IGCSE English, probs A* 73-75

Cheers
    Ahhh what a peace !
    Yeah, even I think that paper 2 may balance physics down to 134... maybe ?
    What are your predictions for Maths B, though ?

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh what a peace !
    Sorry I take CIE IGCSE Additional Maths so I don't do edexcel maths :P

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh what a peace !
    Not sure whether I did Maths B or A-what was your last question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akshi7)
    Not sure whether I did Maths B or A-what was your last question?
    It was the atrocious probability 6 marker.

ReputationRep:
    It was the atrocious probability 6 marker.
    Oooooh I heard about this but I think I did A because mine was about the equation of a line.

ReputationRep:
    What does everyone think the grade boundaries will be for:

AQA RS A
    Edexcel igcse Physics Biology Chemistry Maths A
    CIE English lit and language
    OCR Latin and Greek

Thanks
    I take OCR Latin and apparently it’s a 8 for 90% and a 7 for 80% as set grade boundaries but ofc this changes dependent on how smart we all are averaged ahaha, so maybe 82% for a 7

I do AQA RS A as well and our teacher says a 9 boundary is unpredictable but you can expect an 8 to be something like 88/90% and a 7 around 80/82%, the top grades change depending on the marks everyone gets

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charcharlewis)
    I take OCR Latin and apparently it’s a 8 for 90% and a 7 for 80% as set grade boundaries but ofc this changes dependent on how smart we all are averaged ahaha, so maybe 82% for a 7

I do AQA RS A as well and our teacher says a 9 boundary is unpredictable but you can expect an 8 to be something like 88/90% and a 7 around 80/82%, the top grades change depending on the marks everyone gets
    OMG!!! 90%!?

ReputationRep:
    OMG!!! 90%!?
    Yeah my teacher said it has differed but between 88% and 92% just for an 8

ReputationRep:
    Yeah my teacher said it has differed but between 88% and 92% just for an 8
    Do you think you got an 8? How harsh are the markers?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think you got an 8? How harsh are the markers?
    I’m not totally sure, I mean with latin you can make so many small errors that marks are taken off for.

To be honest my teacher told us about the mark scheme they have to use in all the translations. So each sentence is worth 5 marks and for one minor error (e.g. you use the plural instead of singular) you don’t lose marks but for every major error e.g miss a word out or get a word wrong, you lose one mark.

So really the markers have to stick to that, but I hope they are more lenient.

I’m aiming for between 75% and 85% looking back at it now, hopefully I get a 7. I mean if I got an 8 I wouldn’t be absolutely surprised bc I would see why but if I got a 6 I’d also be like fair enough😂😂

How about you x

ReputationRep:
    for
    I’m not totally sure, I mean with latin you can make so many small errors that marks are taken off for.

To be honest my teacher told us about the mark scheme they have to use in all the translations. So each sentence is worth 5 marks and for one minor error (e.g. you use the plural instead of singular) you don’t lose marks but for every major error e.g miss a word out or get a word wrong, you lose one mark.

So really the markers have to stick to that, but I hope they are more lenient.

I’m aiming for between 75% and 85% looking back at it now, hopefully I get a 7. I mean if I got an 8 I wouldn’t be absolutely surprised bc I would see why but if I got a 6 I’d also be like fair enough😂😂

How about you x
    Agreed-I'm now hoping for a 7 as I think I got around 165/180 :-(

ReputationRep:
    for

Agreed-I'm now hoping for a 7 as I think I got around 165/180 :-(
    Isn’t that nearer an 8 though ? Yeah I’m setting my target at 7 but I wouldn’t be unhappy with a 6 bc I’m not very good at it, I just put a lot of effort in

ReputationRep:
    Isn’t that nearer an 8 though ? Yeah I’m setting my target at 7 but I wouldn’t be unhappy with a 6 bc I’m not very good at it, I just put a lot of effort in
    oh fair enough. No it's out of 200 isn't it? So I reckon I got around170-177 hopefully which is around 85-89%-think that's a 7 if your grade boundaries are right?

ReputationRep:
    oh fair enough. No it's out of 200 isn't it? So I reckon I got around170-177 hopefully which is around 85-89%-think that's a 7 if your grade boundaries are right?
    Ah yeah sorry I thought you meant 165 out of 180😂 I forgot what they summed up to, yeah that’s a 7/8 it should be in between e.g 7 at 78/80% and an 8 at 88\90%

I think I got about 160 because I’m wary I made mistakes in the language paper

ReputationRep:
    Ah yeah sorry I thought you meant 165 out of 180😂 I forgot what they summed up to, yeah that’s a 7/8 it should be in between e.g 7 at 78/80% and an 8 at 88\90%

I think I got about 160 because I’m wary I made mistakes in the language paper
    pre
    Yeah but if you did fine on the comprehension and grammar you really should be able to get 85-90 as the translation was ok. How did you do on literature?

ReputationRep:
    On the set texts? I do druids/Boudicca and books 4 and 6 of the Aeneid, I think they both went well enough to get over 45/50 each because I finished them well. I do think that the Aeneid one was a bit harder though
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    On the set texts? I do druids/Boudicca and books 4 and 6 of the Aeneid, I think they both went well enough to get over 45/50 each because I finished them well. I do think that the Aeneid one was a bit harder though
    Yeah I guess-if you do get that you should get around 165.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 23, 2018

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.