Eurgh!! Watch

tiger_vio
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
This is more of a rant than a plea for advice, but, my sister who is 13, has a younger friend who is 10. To be blunt, she's a cheeky b***h, who loves to shoot me dirty looks every time I bump into her.
I come home from a friends tonight, for my sister to tell me that her friend has completely VANDALIZED two posters on either side of my bedroom door- for example, on the one of zippy from rainbow, she's drawn hair all over it, loads of words, circles, etc, and has also ripped a part.
I'm so seething with rage! How can children have so little respect?! I really don't know what to do about it. I feel like going to her house (next door) to give her a piece of my mind, but I know that's not really the right thing to do. I'm trying to think of ways of revenge, but i've got no reason to go inside her house so that seems pretty impossible...
GRRR!
siblings friends are horrid!
MSB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
She needs a slap.
arminvanpite
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Can't you talk to the girl's Parents? It's their job to educate and give their daughter discipline and I wouldn't think they would be happy to know that she is going into other peoples houses and vandalising their belongings. If she is told off by her Parents it would have more effect than if you were to say something.
starsilver
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Why don't you have a talk with her parents? Tho it might not seem all that serious, is shows a complete lack of respect for other people's belongings, and that kind of behaviour (vandalising something belonging to someone else) is something that she needs to learn is not acceptable. What are her parents like? Do you think they would sit down with her and give her a bit of a lecture explaining how upsetting it is to find that something of yours has been defaced like this, and how would she like it if you were to go into her room and do a similar thing?
tiger_vio
Rep:
?
(Original post by bloodredbeat)
Can't you talk to the girl's Parents? It's their job to educate and give their daughter discipline and I wouldn't think they would be happy to know that she is going into other peoples houses and vandalising their belongings. If she is told off by her Parents it would have more effect than if you were to say something.
That's what I was thinking of doing, but do you think that's taking it too far? Ive never spoken to her parents before, but yeah I do think that they need to know :mad: Thanks!
death.drop
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by bloodredbeat)
:ditto:
tell her parents, she's a cheeky *****! If they don't care then just give her a good slap next time she comes over. remind her she's still just a kid and should have some respect for other people.

talking to her parents isn't going too far. she vandalised your property. if it escalates it will be a police matter, i may sound like i'm blowing it out of proportion but I know from my brothers where that kind of thing goes.
tiger_vio
Rep:
?
(Original post by starsilver)
Why don't you have a talk with her parents? Tho it might not seem all that serious, is shows a complete lack of respect for other people's belongings, and that kind of behaviour (vandalising something belonging to someone else) is something that she needs to learn is not acceptable. What are her parents like? Do you think they would sit down with her and give her a bit of a lecture explaining how upsetting it is to find that something of yours has been defaced like this, and how would she like it if you were to go into her room and do a similar thing?
Her parents are the older more mature kind of parents, so yes I definitely think that they would be the type to sit her down and talk about it. Hm, maybe I do need to speak to her parents. Although, the inner child in me wants to get revenge :p:
starsilver
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by tiger_vio)
That's what I was thinking of doing, but do you think that's taking it too far? Ive never spoken to her parents before, but yeah I do think that they need to know :mad: Thanks!
It's definitely not taking it too far - ok, maybe it's just a poster, but it's YOUR poster, and any type of vandalism like that is unnaceptable! If she is allowed to carry on without being taught that it is wrong she could start to do it to other things belonging to other people, things are are more expensive to replace! I'm sure her parents will understand, as they won't like the thought of having to reimburse people for things that were destroyed by their daughter!!!
tom_tom_tom
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
accidently trip her down the stairs next time she is in your house?
starsilver
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by tom_tom_tom)
accidently trip her down the stairs next time she is in your house?
Lol. But seriously, while it is tempting do get revenge - don't it'll just make you as equally in the wrong as she is now.
death.drop
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
if you actually want revenge then take her phone/mp3 player or whatever next time you see her (i'm assuming you're bigger) and tell her she can have it back when she replaces our posters.
anything more than that and you're being more childish than her - which wont look good if she goes to her parents.
*pitseleh*
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Talk to her parents. Okay, vandalising a poster may be comparatively trivial - but she needs to learn some respect for other people's property. She might even end up being more destructive if no-one bothers to put her in her place now.
tiger_vio
Rep:
?
Yeah, i'm not gonna get revenge on her- don't want to stoop as low as that. But i'm not going to let her get away with vandalizing my belongings! I don't think i'd be comfortable approaching her parents as i've never really spoken to them before.. my mum speaks to them regularly though, so maybe my mum could mention this to them?
tiger_vio
Rep:
?
(Original post by *pitseleh*)
Talk to her parents. Okay, vandalising a poster may be comparatively trivial - but she needs to learn some respect for other people's property. She might even end up being more destructive if no-one bothers to put her in her place now.
Yeah I know it's something trivial like a poster, but as you said, it's the concept of having respect for other people's things she has to learn.
I used to volunteer at a rainbow unit that she was in a few years ago, and she was exactly the same back then- would often make other children cry etc. I don't think theres much hope for her changing tbh, but will ensure her parents find out.
Thanks guys, just really wanted a second opinion on whether talking to her parents was the right thing to do- I guess it is
tom_tom_tom
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
go for emotional revenge

tell her father christmas the easter bunny and the tooth fairy dont exist!
starsilver
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hmm, yea i can see why it might be a bit uncomfortable going over by yourself, but what about if you go over with your mum, as then you will seem more mature, rather than just sending your mum over, as that might make it seem less important in her parents eyes.
RachieAchie
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Also, my mother used to childmind difficult kids and after the FIRST occasion that they got in and trashed my room :rolleyes: I got a hook lock for the outside of my door, high up so I could reach it but they couldn't. If that girl's going to continue coming round, you might want to consider it. :P
*pitseleh*
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by tiger_vio)
Yeah I know it's something trivial like a poster, but as you said, it's the concept of having respect for other people's things she has to learn.
I used to volunteer at a rainbow unit that she was in a few years ago, and she was exactly the same back then- would often make other children cry etc. I don't think theres much hope for her changing tbh, but will ensure her parents find out.
Thanks guys, just really wanted a second opinion on whether talking to her parents was the right thing to do- I guess it is
Oh yeah - I didn't mean to be flippant about what she did.. I just meant that it could have been a car, or something. That doesn't excuse her behaviour at all, though - because as we've both agreed, it's a matter of respect.

Good luck if you go to speak to her parents (by the way - if it were me, I'd do it myself.. it'll make you look like the bigger person and all that).
Chewwy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
um.. she's 10
starsilver
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
^^ That does NOT give her the right to treat other peoples property with no respect!!! I'm sure most 10 year olds know that vandalising things that don't belong to you is wrong!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (76)
27.54%
No (200)
72.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise