The Student Room Group

University or Army officer?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lucashamps369
I agree but again, it is your decision, I can't see any risks with going to university, but after Sandhurst you might regret it - I know its f**king impossible in life to predict where you want to be/do and trust me, I hate making bad decisions and I have made far too many, so I always take a conservative stance.

ik ik. i'll think about it properly, thank you mate
Original post by johnwilliam1
Why is it a waste of time?

Why would you want to be an officer? I would understand if you wanted to pursue an career in the army, but you don't.
You wont be happy as an enlisted man if you have the smarts for university, then rather become an officer later with a degree, a military career is by no means a prerequisite for starting a firm however? Who has put that into your ear? You would have far better chances of meeting like minded individuals to start a business in two areas,

1) university itself, where you will make lifelong friends
2) after working in an office for a boss and getting contacts in the business world (either with your colleagues or external friends who have industry knowledge on how to do something better then the firm they work for)

Military to mogul is rarely a common story. Not impossible surely but rather silly.

If you want government service then get a degree and become a civil servant, this would give you better contacts to business and decision makers in the economy then drinking with generals, who just want to play war.
Original post by johnwilliam1
ik ik. i'll think about it properly, thank you mate

No worries, let me know what you do!

Quick Reply

Latest