Jobs, Cv's, Cover Letters and Lush

Watch
sconlon2002
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am interested in getting a job at lush on weekends and holidays during school and was wondering if anyone had any tips for making myself seem more attractive for the position.
for a cover letter, should it be handwritten or typed? I've heard from others that lush values creative cover letters including colours and other unconventional letters so any thoughts on this?
thanks
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by sconlon2002)
I am interested in getting a job at lush on weekends and holidays during school and was wondering if anyone had any tips for making myself seem more attractive for the position.
for a cover letter, should it be handwritten or typed? I've heard from others that lush values creative cover letters including colours and other unconventional letters so any thoughts on this?
thanks

What usually makes you competitive is having relevant skills for the role, which in Lush's case will be knowing about the sector and Lush products and the company ethos in particular.

Go in and ask them if they prefer creative CVs. By and large employers really don't like creative CVs or covering letters, it just makes them hard to compare with others, and creativity is not effectively shown in a couple of word documents.
asha.o
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by threeportdrift)
What usually makes you competitive is having relevant skills for the role, which in Lush's case will be knowing about the sector and Lush products and the company ethos in particular.

Go in and ask them if they prefer creative CVs. By and large employers really don't like creative CVs or covering letters, it just makes them hard to compare with others, and creativity is not effectively shown in a couple of word documents.
I have worked at lush for the last 10 months and i agree! i would say go for creative but dont print out because obvs the environment! go in and see yourself what they are like and see if you can imagine yourself working there! its a fun place to work albeit stressful at times so don't worry too much about it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (17)
20.48%
I'm not sure (2)
2.41%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (23)
27.71%
I have already dropped out (3)
3.61%
I'm not a current university student (38)
45.78%

Watched Threads