The Student Room Group

Want to distance myself from a "friend" but there's a problem

So for quite a while now my "friend" has been being really toxic towards me. We have tried to sort it out but to no avail. I don't think I want to be friends with her anymore, but the problem is that my girlfriend is basically best friends with her. I really need advice on what to do and how to be nice about everything. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
So for quite a while now my "friend" has been being really toxic towards me. We have tried to sort it out but to no avail. I don't think I want to be friends with her anymore, but the problem is that my girlfriend is basically best friends with her. I really need advice on what to do and how to be nice about everything. Thanks :smile:

You can still be civil to each other. Just talk to your girlfriend about it and I'm assuming she already knows the issues. You don't have to hang out with the friend if you don't want to. Your girlfriend can have separate time with you and then with her friend. Just don't bad mouth or talk badly about the friend to your girlfriend.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
does your girlfriend know about this if not try to explain why. In the end she can't choose your friends and you can't choose her if this cause for girlfriend to hate you for simply leaving someone toxic then she may be. Promblem as well.
Reply 3
Original post by DrawTheLine
You can still be civil to each other. Just talk to your girlfriend about it and I'm assuming she already knows the issues. You don't have to hang out with the friend if you don't want to. Your girlfriend can have separate time with you and then with her friend. Just don't bad mouth or talk badly about the friend to your girlfriend.
I have started not hanging out with her (only started today). I'm not sure how I'll ask my gf to be with me exclusively, but I will try. Thanks for the advice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending