The Student Room Group

Got an exam in about 22 hours, and I don't have a clue how to do this.

As the title says, I've, well, got an exam in about 22 hours, and I don't have a clue how to do this.
I would like to point out I'm not as stupid as this probably makes me seem. Basically, I missed a year of school, my mental health basically plummeted to ridiculous lows, was in hospital, etc etc. Now I'm back, and every time I think "hang on, I think I'm caught up now", something comes and gives me a kick up the arse. This week, the confusing item of choice is this:

https://imgur.com/nxoP5Gr

What's going on with it?
Original post by nobodyreally
As the title says, I've, well, got an exam in about 22 hours, and I don't have a clue how to do this.
I would like to point out I'm not as stupid as this probably makes me seem. Basically, I missed a year of school, my mental health basically plummeted to ridiculous lows, was in hospital, etc etc. Now I'm back, and every time I think "hang on, I think I'm caught up now", something comes and gives me a kick up the arse. This week, the confusing item of choice is this:

https://imgur.com/nxoP5Gr

What's going on with it?

Well the height of the logo, is going to be twice the height of each circle segment.

And the height of a circle segment is going to be a radius plus the distance of C1 say, to the line - so drop a perpendicular to that line.

Can you now form a right angled triangle, deduce two of the sides and hence work out the height?
Reply 2
At 5am?
How can you study trig for two or more years and not have a clue? Drop a perpendicular from C1 down to AB to point D, say, to make a right-angled triangle. AD is 12, AC1 is 14 so the cosine of the left angle is 6/7 and the sine is sqrt(1-36/49) = sqrt(13)/7. So the vertical height is 2 sqrt(13). Total height of icon is 28 + 4 sqrt(13).
Original post by SerBronn
How can you study trig for two or more years and not have a clue? Drop a perpendicular from C1 down to AB to point D, say, to make a right-angled triangle. AD is 12, AC1 is 14 so the cosine of the left angle is 6/7 and the sine is sqrt(1-36/49) = sqrt(13)/7. So the vertical height is 2 sqrt(13). Total height of icon is 28 + 4 sqrt(13).

Because I've missed all of 3rd year because I was in a loonie bin, if that isn't a problem. I'm in the class that's doing nat 5 stuff. Anyway, it's hardly your place to be judgemental if somebody else is having trouble.

Quick Reply

Latest