3 advances Higher or 2 advanced Higher 2 Higher’s? Watch

Notkeen
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys. I don’t think I did as well in my Higher’s as I hoped due to lack of work. I am planning on doing advanced Higher Maths biology and chemistry. Should I pursue this or should I instead take 2 advanced 2 Higher’s to boost my Higher’s?
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Notkeen)
Hi guys. I don’t think I did as well in my Higher’s as I hoped due to lack of work. I am planning on doing advanced Higher Maths biology and chemistry. Should I pursue this or should I instead take 2 advanced 2 Higher’s to boost my Higher’s?
If you were to do 2 AH and 2 highers, which subjects would you do? And do you think either of the highers would be resits?
When you say you didn't think you did as well as you hoped, do you mean you think you got some Bs rather than As, or possibly didn't pass some of them?
Notkeen
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Labrador99)
If you were to do 2 AH and 2 highers, which subjects would you do? And do you think either of the highers would be resits?
When you say you didn't think you did as well as you hoped, do you mean you think you got some Bs rather than As, or possibly didn't pass some of them?
I think I got some Bs rather an As.
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Notkeen)
I think I got some Bs rather an As.
Remember that a B is by no means a bad grade at all! But i get where you're coming from if you think it's what you got and that doesn't match up with your hopes.

I think your plan of action should also depend on what you want to do next...Are you looking to apply to uni, if so, what course and where? Remember also that AH grades can over-ride higher grades, and a B at AH can be considered to be like an A at higher.

It's difficult to know what advice to give, without knowing your subjects, or what you would pick in each scenario. And also the fact we don't yet know your results for definite. But, as for which subjects to do on the new timetable for this month, I would go on the side of optimism and go with the 3 AHs for now, as I think they would be harder to catch up. A B is also a more than fine grade to be going into AH with anyway.

Hopefully that helped a bit, but I can try and offer some further advice if you're able to provide your subjects (both options) and what you want to do next
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • London Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • University College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (62)
21.75%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (99)
34.74%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (59)
20.7%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (28)
9.82%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (37)
12.98%

Watched Threads