The Student Room Group

AQA Geography paper 2 (Human Geography) help??

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knows what will come up on paper 2 for AQA Geography, e.g. what topics (if you could name them this would be v helpful), case studies, etc etc. Any help with this would be massively appreciated, cheers!
There are 3 sections in the paper. A- urban issues and challenges. B- the changing economic world. C- the challenge of resource management along with ONE of energy, water and food. Case studies are usually different to each school but if you need I can send you all the ones I am doing!
Is this for A-Level?
Reply 3
Original post by Georginaawilkins
There are 3 sections in the paper. A- urban issues and challenges. B- the changing economic world. C- the challenge of resource management along with ONE of energy, water and food. Case studies are usually different to each school but if you need I can send you all the ones I am doing!

Hi, in the specimen paper therein a case study question on a "traffic management scheme you have studied.

However, there is no traffic management case study in the specification. I understand it is a topic but I thought you would only need to know a couple of examples for maybe a 2-4, possibly 6 mark question.

I was wondering if this means that every topic is essentially a case study, which would be a problem as the exam is tomorrow!
Original post by em1602
Hi, in the specimen paper therein a case study question on a "traffic management scheme you have studied.

However, there is no traffic management case study in the specification. I understand it is a topic but I thought you would only need to know a couple of examples for maybe a 2-4, possibly 6 mark question.

I was wondering if this means that every topic is essentially a case study, which would be a problem as the exam is tomorrow!

There is some sort of case study in each topic but this doesn’t mean you need to know everything about the case study but rather that you can apply what you are writing to a real life situation. Which shows geographical understanding in the real world. But honestly for traffic management most city’s have a ring road or a bus system or a rail way so if in doubt use London as an example because London shows all these things.
im so ****ed
Reply 6
Original post by Georginaawilkins
There is some sort of case study in each topic but this doesn’t mean you need to know everything about the case study but rather that you can apply what you are writing to a real life situation. Which shows geographical understanding in the real world. But honestly for traffic management most city’s have a ring road or a bus system or a rail way so if in doubt use London as an example because London shows all these things.

Thanks for the help. It's a good job I looked at this considering how many traffic related questions there were!

How did you find it?
What did you guys find hard about it?
Reply 8
Original post by Coggers44
What did you guys find hard about it?

Sooo much stuff I didn't understand haha :frown::smile:

Anyone else find the #BangaloreCongestion part extremely cringy??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending