AQA Geography paper 2 (Human Geography) help?? Watch

kazzykat95
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone knows what will come up on paper 2 for AQA Geography, e.g. what topics (if you could name them this would be v helpful), case studies, etc etc. Any help with this would be massively appreciated, cheers!
Georginaawilkins
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There are 3 sections in the paper. A- urban issues and challenges. B- the changing economic world. C- the challenge of resource management along with ONE of energy, water and food. Case studies are usually different to each school but if you need I can send you all the ones I am doing!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Evilstr99
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is this for A-Level?
ta225
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Georginaawilkins)
There are 3 sections in the paper. A- urban issues and challenges. B- the changing economic world. C- the challenge of resource management along with ONE of energy, water and food. Case studies are usually different to each school but if you need I can send you all the ones I am doing!
Hi, in the specimen paper therein a case study question on a "traffic management scheme you have studied.

However, there is no traffic management case study in the specification. I understand it is a topic but I thought you would only need to know a couple of examples for maybe a 2-4, possibly 6 mark question.

I was wondering if this means that every topic is essentially a case study, which would be a problem as the exam is tomorrow!
Georginaawilkins
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by em1602)
Hi, in the specimen paper therein a case study question on a "traffic management scheme you have studied.

However, there is no traffic management case study in the specification. I understand it is a topic but I thought you would only need to know a couple of examples for maybe a 2-4, possibly 6 mark question.

I was wondering if this means that every topic is essentially a case study, which would be a problem as the exam is tomorrow!
There is some sort of case study in each topic but this doesn’t mean you need to know everything about the case study but rather that you can apply what you are writing to a real life situation. Which shows geographical understanding in the real world. But honestly for traffic management most city’s have a ring road or a bus system or a rail way so if in doubt use London as an example because London shows all these things.
maisies195
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
im so ****ed
ta225
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Georginaawilkins)
There is some sort of case study in each topic but this doesn’t mean you need to know everything about the case study but rather that you can apply what you are writing to a real life situation. Which shows geographical understanding in the real world. But honestly for traffic management most city’s have a ring road or a bus system or a rail way so if in doubt use London as an example because London shows all these things.
Thanks for the help. It's a good job I looked at this considering how many traffic related questions there were!

How did you find it?
Coggers44
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What did you guys find hard about it?
kazzykat95
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by Coggers44)
What did you guys find hard about it?
Sooo much stuff I didn't understand haha

Anyone else find the #BangaloreCongestion part extremely cringy??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (284)
15.19%
The paper was reasonable (1038)
55.51%
Not feeling great about that exam... (404)
21.6%
It was TERRIBLE (144)
7.7%

Watched Threads