Help! How would I structure this type of Shakespeare exam question?

Watch
Corruptedfile
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I can't remember how to answer this sort of question, where a viewpoint is given and I have to discuss something 'in the light of' that view. For example:

'"Typically, texts about love present women as little more than naive and foolish." In the light of this view, discuss how Shakespeare presents the relationship between Othello and Desdemona in this extract and elsewhere in the play. [Act 3 Scene 3 Lines 29 to 92]'

Should I structure my arguments as for and against the statement? Or discussing some key aspects of Othello and Desdemona's relationship and link back to the viewpoint given? And how would I include 'elsewhere in the play' - as their own paragraphs or mixed in with the extract quotations? Thanks for the help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (593)
34.1%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.4%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
19.95%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.54%

Watched Threads