?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Just wondering.
Nadinus
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Because that's all that they have to show for themselves and they think that people should respect them because of it?

Idk I can't judge as I have sigs turned off but it seems to me the only reason why someone would :/
Airel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Because they want to show off their scores.
Glutamic Acid
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
Because other people do, and it's a student forum.
burningnun
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Why not?
Nadinus
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Because it's more of an effort to, thus there must be a reason for doing it.
hermaphrodite
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DominF)
Just wondering.
because they are materialistic
DominF
Rep:
?
Why not?
Because people will think you're arrogant? :P I mean, other than wanting to show off, what reason can there be? That's why I made this thread, I'm trying to find out.
Barry Scott
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Because you can...
burningnun
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Because people will think you're arrogant? :P I mean, other than wanting to show off, what reason can there be? That's why I made this thread, I'm trying to find out.
A lot of people seem to do it so they can prove that straight A students can still make retarded posts.
Crimson Black
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's so that, when asking questions of academic nature (ie. will I get into X university?) you don't have to keep quoting your string of A*s, but can just refer to sig.
DominF
Rep:
?
It's so that, when asking questions of academic nature (ie. will I get into X university?) you don't have to keep quoting your string of A*s, but can just refer to sig.
Will someone ask that same question enough times to warrant their grades going in their sig?
Crimson Black
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Will someone ask that same question enough times to warrant their grades going in their sig?
No, of course not. :p:

It's like when people put their computer specs in their sigs. It makes things easier than having to type it out all the time.

Of course, it's also just for showing off.
Jonah Ramone
Badges: 19
Report 10 years ago
It's ok, most of them blatantly make it up.
goodLife
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Nadinus)
Because that's all that they have to show for themselves and they think that people should respect them because of it?

Idk I can't judge as I have sigs turned off but it seems to me the only reason why someone would :/
They probably expect people to respect them more, like when they make a point or are in a debate about the law it might make their point more valid if they have a law degree or if they have A*'s they might expect people to believe they are intelligent so must know what they are talking about etc

I don't have anything worthy to put up lol, I only did well on my primary school sats and im not putting them up.
Laevis
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by burningnun)
A lot of people seem to do it so they can prove that straight A students can still make retarded posts.
:rofl: This one's my favourite answer
veggie4life
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
well in my case because it proves dyslexia doesn't equal mentally challenged
qubog
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't know, i've got my uni in my sig because I love it, maybe people love their GCSE results :P
arminvanpite
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hi, and welcome to The Student Room.
DominF
Rep:
?
Hi, and welcome to The Student Room.
What, so the showing off is more affective as more people understand the significance of the high grades? :P I don't see why this is a reason; it just furthers my belief that people do it to show off.

Just in case I'm sending a mixed message here, I want to note that I don't care if people do or not, I'm just wondering why they do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (36)
97.3%
No (1)
2.7%

Watched Threads