The Student Room Group

Economics A Edexcel 2018 alevel micro

If you have an evaluative point which is relevant but which isnt on the mark scheme will you still be awarded it

alternatively if you make any point in general which is still relevant but not on the mark scheme will it still be awarded

Original post by maths_geek234
If you have an evaluative point which is relevant but which isnt on the mark scheme will you still be awarded it

alternatively if you make any point in general which is still relevant but not on the mark scheme will it still be awarded

yes an examiner here said "mark schemes are written as a guide for examiners and you are not expected to include all the points that are on a mark scheme"
Original post by peanotto
yes an examiner here said "mark schemes are written as a guide for examiners and you are not expected to include all the points that are on a mark scheme"

I think the poster was asking, what happens if She/he writes something and it is not on the mark-scheme. An example might be If I write about the impact of a bi-lateral monopoly on the wage rate in a particular industry. That bit of evaluation might not be on the mark scheme even though it is perfectly valid. If that is the case would they still get the marks?

My answers to this is I thought examiners would credit anything which is relevant and correct even if it does not appear on the mark scheme. Is the right?
I think as long as it makes sense and isn't just unrelated at all then you will be awarded. If you've explained it and made your links clear then the examiner should award you, like someone said you can't be expected to write everything on the mark scheme because there are hundreds of possible answers

Quick Reply

Latest