sabnas
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I worked really hard but messed up on sources ran out of time generally didn't write as well as I usually write- couldn't think straight. It was a mess. I have normally got straight 9s sometimes 8s and I feel so sad for messing up. Has anyone felt they messed up an exam only to do well in it? I need hope- history is my favourite subject and I'm so gutted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
computuring
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don’t worry because loads of people run out of time in history, so wont have done as bad as you thought. Maybe for paper 2, do the source questions last so you don’t run out of time?
sabnas
Rep:
?
(Original post by computuring)
Don’t worry because loads of people run out of time in history, so wont have done as bad as you thought. Maybe for paper 2, do the source questions last so you don’t run out of time?
Thanks, yes I'll try that
Sasaki Haise
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
same failed it forget to write about the message,purpose,provence.
bangtansan
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sabnas)
I worked really hard but messed up on sources ran out of time generally didn't write as well as I usually write- couldn't think straight. It was a mess. I have normally got straight 9s sometimes 8s and I feel so sad for messing up. Has anyone felt they messed up an exam only to do well in it? I need hope- history is my favourite subject and I'm so gutted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!
i barely wrote anything for the 8marker about the Rhineland, and I only wrote enough for like 8 marks for the 15 marker at the end. It was so tight for time, the grade boundary will be nice as we're the first year, dw
Good At Things
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bangtansan)
i barely wrote anything for the 8marker about the Rhineland, and I only wrote enough for like 8 marks for the 15 marker at the end. It was so tight for time, the grade boundary will be nice as we're the first year, dw
That's what you think. I have a feeling its gonna be super high grade boundaries
Backwad
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I ran out of time too
Missed out 20 marker
Missed out 12 marker
Missed our two 8 markers
Missed out three 4 markers
mushroom21
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don’t worry, I know lots of people who didn’t finish the test at all and I’m sure that because we’re the first year and it was clearly a harder exam, the boundaries will reflect that!
(3.1415926535)
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bilalsheraz7)
I ran out of time too
Missed out 20 marker
Missed out 12 marker
Missed our two 8 markers
Missed out three 4 markers
Am i being stupid or is that just literally the whole exam
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Has anyone felt they messed up an exam only to do well in it?
Literally me in the exams I've just sat
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
Tbf you sound as though you are being dramatic because you are disappointed.
Imo you will be ok , but maybe not as well as you had hoped.
Mistiming is a beginners mistake and something you should have sorted out a long time before real exams.
You will just have to get it right in the next exam. Focus on that.
alice3467
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don’t painic!! Everyone struggled on the timing and towards the end my answers didn’t even make sense!! In my mock I missed out a couple of questions and messed up on the 20 marker and still scraped an eight

You’ll b fine, just focus on the next exam now 😁
Chidowee
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by alice3467)
Don’t painic!! Everyone struggled on the timing and towards the end my answers didn’t even make sense!! In my mock I missed out a couple of questions and messed up on the 20 marker and still scraped an eight

in my mocks i got a grade 2 so seeing people here getting 8s and 9s is history makes me feel like shet :C
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
moved to the history forum. you have two papers left, don't worry about the one you've just done and see if you can improve timing and exam technique in the next two.
gamersriseup
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
moved to the history forum. you have two papers left, don't worry about the one you've just done and see if you can improve timing and exam technique in the next two.
aqa only have 2 papers in total
sabnas
Rep:
?
Thank you for the moral support everyone! Just wanted to ask if I didn't have time to write an overall judgement on the 16 marker but wrote a good essay otherwise and drilled in that one factor was the most important over the other throughout, what am I capped at? Is that at least 12/20?

(Original post by alice3467)

(Original post by 999tigger)

Tbf you sound as though you are being dramatic because you are disappointed.
Imo you will be ok , but maybe not as well as you had hoped.
Mistiming is a beginners mistake and something you should have sorted out a long time before real exams.
You will just have to get it right in the next exam. Focus on that.
(Original post by bangtansan)
entertainmyfaith
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by gamersriseup)
aqa only have 2 papers in total
oh, really?! my apologies. well, you still have one paper left, and it seems like everyone found it hard so you're all in the same boat.
computuring
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you for the moral support everyone! Just wanted to ask if I didn't have time to write an overall judgement on the 16 marker but wrote a good essay otherwise and drilled in that one factor was the most important over the other throughout, what am I capped at? Is that at least 12/20?
I think that would restrict you to a level 3 which is like 12/16 but it could be a level 4 if you basically explained the judgement in your essay or intro
TruthHurtsok
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think I done good, this next paper however is going to be ****, we haven’t even finished the Power and The People syllabus in class yet and it’s on Friday fml
Evilstr99
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Timing has always been an issue especially when it comes to exams. But just because you ran out of time in one exam, does not mean an automatic fail. I must've thought the same way when I did my GCSE History but if this does happen don't dwell over it too much. Best tip is to focus on your next exams and do well on that. If that exam goes well, it will push your grade way up

Don't fret! We've all been here before, just don't stress to much about it and move forward.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (40)
7.72%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (301)
58.11%
No (177)
34.17%

Watched Threads